Flea market finds.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Oddcaliber, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Looked pretty trashy, but it has its share of goodies tucked in with all the krap! Was going to head up the Phoenx in a week or two and check out the one in Apache Junction, suposed to be more of an art fair or swap meet then flea market, any one know more on that one?

Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Have found almost all of my vintage cast iron pieces at flea markets, and yard sales for .50cents to $2.00 per piece. Last good find was a set of six old cleavers that puts anything you find new now days to absolute shame.

techsar, oldman11, Seepalaces and 5 others like this.
  3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

doesn't need to be vintage - newer name brand US made Lodge or Griswold is good to go also - just need to stay away from the newer no name stuff and especially anything with "China" stamped into it ....

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Actually a pretty big difference between the old lodge and the new lodge, about 1.25 pounds difference in the same griddle made 30 years ago and one made today. Lodge moved all of their enamel coated cast manufacturing to China a while back. I expect they will eventually move all of the manufacturing out of country and keep their headquarters in TN.

5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Why yes, yes I do!

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki and chelloveck like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think I still have my leather JC sandals and cheese cloth shirt...it looked a little incongruous with an army issue haircut...any long hair I had was left on the barber shop floor....my 60's Beatles wig felt oddly retro in the early 70's :eek:

Seepalaces, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Why Chello, you sound quite metrosexual, with your puce floral paisle tee shirt and green felt bowler, and blue 2 inch platform suede creepers! I bet you also have that awesome 70s bushy mustache and rock the gold chains and the aviator sunglasses! Tell me you stull rock the disco look you stud you!

8. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I really bemoan the closing of my local cheap prices, upscale resale thrift store. I have been in plenty of them. Most are too proud of their used goods. The one we had was the best thrift store I had ever been in. I would hit it at least twice a week. I almost totally quit buying new clothes except for underwear and socks. They had the best prices ever, plus everyday 25% discount for seniors and veterans. and 1/2 price on all clothing items Friday and Saturday. Books were $1 for hardbacks and 50 cents for paperback, and 10 cents for magazines. Alas maybe I will find another really good one

Ura-Ki and techsar like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I could have went the rest of my life without reading that lol :)

chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

but there's cast available that wasn't 30 years ago - some of the designs are great for specific cooking ...

11. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

We called them JC Water Walkers...
    Rancher

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7