Flying Soldiers

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by 3M-TA3, Jul 15, 2019.

?
  1. Shotgun

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Net

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Rifle

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Strung Wires

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Water hose

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Laughter

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

New military technology was unveiled this weekend in France that allows for soldiers to fly on small pedestals. Improvements over older outdated technology, i.e. boots, include the following:
    • Soldiers can now be easily seen instead of positioned behind visual and projectile barriers where they are completely hidden from view.
    • No more having to maintain silence discipline as the machine is loud enough to cover the sound of breaking twigs AND your ghetto blaster cranked up to 11 at the same time
    • From altitude soldiers can more easily see who is shooting at them. This is further enhanced by a complete lack of protective armor that would block their view.
    • The highly unstable shooting platform combined with heavy engine and turbine vibrations completely removes the need for marksmanship training as it is completely impossible to hit anything smaller than 100 MOA in diameter.
    • As an added safety feature they feature a rapid descent mode after exhausting all fuel.

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You know, they laughed about this: Nobody is laughing today.....
    [​IMG]

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There's no doubt that individual "mobility devices" are coming, the questions are when and who will field them first. We can laugh our guts out at the French developments, but there's also no doubt that they will figure out how to avoid trap shooters.

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I do see a great use for them in in specific situations...but not for the norm.

5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

What they need are flying bicycles--like in The Wizard of Oz.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Maybe, this....

[​IMG]

Ganado, Dont, Thunder5Ranch and 6 others like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

We already have the witch
    [​IMG]

natshare, Dont, ghrit and 7 others like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My guess is that it will be unmanned. It would also be a great delivery system for explosives.

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Well, the U.S ARMY ( and Japan) has been mucking about with this sort of thing for 60 odd years, and some of that has become workable with todays tech!
    I would like the personal back pack helicopter my self, that would be slick as snot! As a combat system, i could see aome uses of the Jet Board the Frog was using, rapid advances, surge tactics, and spotting among others! As a standard battle field piece, not so much!

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'd throw some of these in the river and watch him crash head first........

crash.

12. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

3M-TA3: I want you to know you hurt my eyeballs very badly with that witch pic.

I'm not used to dealing with that much reality in a single dose.

Plus, I nearly lost my lunch.

Oh, well. I'll probably forgive you. Eventually.

I'm just glad it wasn't Ocrasio.

Yard Dart, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

You left out the Obvious Bishop and His Sling Shot or Bow.

14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If it helps, now that Epstein is under arrest and the Lolita Express is grounded, Bill has to look at it every day. Every. Single. Godforsaken. Day.

16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I believe if I was Bill ,,, If they’re not going to give her the prison sentence,, I’d take it.

17. sdr

sdr Monkey++

Can't believe no one has come up with a French surrender joke yet.

Alf60 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Id like to see the Flying Member fire a rifle (Justs blanks ) and still stay on target OR in the air !!

It's like fishing off a Kayak , over the bow only or your being rolled in !!

S

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The French government has had a reputation that was based on bad strategies like the Maginot Line as well as some very inept Generals making things worse, but the French people, particularly the WW2 resistance have shown the French to be committed and brave. I, for one, won't underestimate or disrespect them.

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

A silly technology for soldiers.

The ultimate platform for recon, direct action, sabotage.... is the unmanned UAV.
    Once they have AI more developed, these UAV's will be self-determining on how and when to attack.... think terminator.
    Coming to a villa near you.....sooner than later.

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and Merkun like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7