Flying Soldiers

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by 3M-TA3, Jul 15, 2019.

?
  1. Shotgun

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Net

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Rifle

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Strung Wires

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Water hose

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Laughter

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Working on the plasma firing vulcan anti UAV defense system for my shack in the hills!
    "Come get some metal head"!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Ura-Ki, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Gator got it !!
    Try flying a Helios fling wing with a side mounted , every rattle makes the machine need correction , 500c,s to 204/205/etc .
    the stick sings !!

S

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think the use of drones will out mode the need for soldiers of any kind.
    Drones are not limited to things that fly though they are significant. combining these technologies will make a big difference .
    A drone can be programed to do it's thing, leave sensors behind and self destruct .
    Several years ago Boing built a drone that delivered several specifically targeted EMPs and then self destructed .

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

A drone will never refuse to obey an improper order.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

....To late....Th-eve surrendered...

fly.

flyn.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The Maginot Line worked! It forced the Germans to go around it! If the French government had just finished it history would have turned out differently...the Germans would have had to march through their ally Italy to attack France.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Maybe if they adopted the old Dick Tracy cartoon "flying trash cans", the French might offer their soldiers better protection, from potshots coming, from below?? Heck, we've already got the wrist watch walkie-talkies, right? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    dick tracy.

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

And then the police will get them from the military surplus sale. They are going to love them. Need to get up on the roof of the Nakatomi building during Christmas .. no problem. OOps, they got someone up there with a fully semi auto rifle with night scope.

Ok, maybe they'll just use it to peak over a few buildings and spy on the drug dealers.

At least until people start quitting the force when they get assigned to the clay pigeon as it will surely be named.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

WTF is "a fully semi auto rifle"?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

That's lib slang for EVIL!!!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Brought to us courtesy CNN in yet another of their "informational" hit pieces on guns: CNN And The Curious Case Of The 'Full Semi-Automatic' Rifle

"... I bring this up because CNN had a rather interesting segment in which a former member of the military and the network’s military analyst, Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, wanted to show what “full semi-automatic” fire looks like from an AR-15. It wasn’t that more rounds were fired per trigger pull; he just pulled the trigger faster. That’s not the same as an automatic weapon. The Washington Free Beacon’s Stephen Gutowski noted the odd phrasing, adding that it’s sort of hard to show examples of semiautomatic and automatic firing systems when only an AR-15 is used. A M-4 Carbine, which can fire multiple rounds per trigger pull, was seen but never fired. ..."

Not to be confused with USA Today's chainsaw bayonet
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I gotta get me one of those:LOL:. Some fools on both sides thought that it a real thing. When you got yourself a chainsaw you don't need no stinkin' AR-15. Just ask Marcell Leadbetter of Mississippi.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and oldawg like this.
  13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah but....Marcell made a living with his chainsaw so he had better than average skills(and aim) with it so I think I'll stick wit a gun.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  14. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

If anybody is interested, I have an almost new French infantry rifle. Never fired and only dropped once. Comes with a white flag as a clip on accessory.

Toujours, mon amis!

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7