Food and Fuel Prices

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Spartan300, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Gas prices here locally actually dropped a few cents this weekend. I had expected a rise. I'm sure it'll be UP ten or more cents this time next week.

2. Spartan300

Spartan300 Monkey+

Crude up 2.55 a barrel. That means about 8 cent increase per gallon tonight. Just what the economy needs huh?

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

See the attached image for a graph of the gas prices that I have paid since 11/18/10.
    The little peak at the end was a recent trip to FL.

I'm using an app on my droid called MyCarProjects to track my fuel usage.
    gas prices.

4. Spartan300

Spartan300 Monkey+

Good graphic there, and it pretty much sums it up! It really adds up.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

What do you mean if? Gas will go North of $5 for sure, and it is not going to be that far down the road from now. #2. Our economy is being destroyed and no one seems to be doing much of anything to stop it. Lord O the destroyer is right on track with his grand plan. All bow down for the creator of the new world Muslim Caliphate. When his grand plan causes the monetary standard for a barrel of crude to change from the dollar to something else it will be the sign to the world that our economy is on the verge of collapse. No one will want the dollar. Fuel prices here will double practically overnight. Hold on to your hats folks its going to be a long hard bumpy ride.
    Oh, I almost forgot. Once it goes to M/L and UN peacekeepers..... all bets are off, and it will be time to hunt.

6. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Filled up 2 days ago for $3.39/gal. Noticed going home yesterday it was up to $3.65. Dunno if it's just gonna be a "weekend jump" or gonna last.

Kajun

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

$3.70 here yesterday. I don't see any short term relief.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

And that 'hunting' will NOT be restricted to four-legged critters....... [freedom]

Paybacks will be severe.

9. AlaskaErik

AlaskaErik Monkey++

That's what happens when you suspend off-shore drilling for American firms, give off-shore permits to Brazil, and use huge quantities of corn for ethanol, which just rots out your vehicle's innards.

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Hey I think they just switched over to summer time blend here in Michigan because it jumped from 3.65 to 3.89 over freaking night! I got me a half a tank for 40 bucks. Something tells me that food prices are going to hurt real bad later this year considering all the diesel and petro based chems the farmers are going to be using for this falls harvest. My farmer friend is thinking about only planting enough to supply his feed and grain business because even though soy and corn are at record prices, after fuel / fert / pesticides he said it's not worth it. Looks like the pheasants get a break this year. He is letting the 40 across the street go fallow this year. but i've got permission to plant it in sorghum and clover for my own devious purposes like feeding my animals, some venison oops i mean deer and pheasants. w00t!

11. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I'm with you on that. $3.79 in the morning and $3.91 at lunch time.

12. Spartan300

Spartan300 Monkey+

Crude up over $111 per bbl this morning. Get ready for another nice pre-weekend price jump!! Oh boy.

13. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Quick trip into town yesterday (26 miles) and bought gas at $3.69

14. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

yup, gas stations that were at $3.49 for the last week or so suddenly went to $3.55 or higher.
    Oh JOY!!

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

$3.76 here yesterday.

16. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

I thought I got a "good" deal when I pain $3.46 at Sam's club yesterday. Everybody else is $3.55 and higher.

17. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Diesel is up over $4.00/gal in most places and I buy 80-100+ gal. per day. So if you think food won't go up quick you might want to rethink that.

BWM

18. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I read on another forum that milk is s'posed to go up a whole bunch on Monday. Guess we'll see.

Kajun

19. flightorfight

flightorfight Monkey+

I run a small general merchandise store. Milk and coffee have went up the last 3 weeks in a row and the buyers are saying it will continue for the forseeable future.

20. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

3.98 - 4.15 for regular unleaded in SE Michigan. We will be switching over to summer blend fuel (oxygenators like ethanol and such) and that is suppose to put on another 20 cents next week. [nutkick]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7