Food and Fuel Prices

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Spartan300, Mar 24, 2011.

1. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

I am throughing a party in the banana republic when Fuel hits 6 bucks... i cant wait to the the streak marks left everywhere....

2. Spartan300

Spartan300 Monkey+

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Inflation is very much under control as long as you exclude fuel and food. Inflation is a very mild 0.2 percent. Well within TPTB's estimates.

F that. The rest of us need to pay to fuel our cars and truck out of our own pocket. Plus we don't put our meals on the tax payers credit card. They may not feel the volitile food and fuel crunch but i sure the hell do. Fuel is up 30 percent over last year so ... how does 0.2 percent come into play again?

the inflation numbers posted by the government don't mean a darn thing. It is all a gimmick. Inflation is what ever they want it to be. If something screwed with their calculations, believe you me. that would be excluded from the core rate of inflation.

The mainstream news media always seems to gloss over the fact that these are made up number.

lowest price gas w/in 20 miles is now 4.05 closest gas is 4.35

There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics. We ought to boot them all out because they can't do math. Heck my 9 year old can tell you that it's difficult because the cost of fuel is driving up food prices because it cost more to get the food to the supermarket. She's 9 people! Smarter than a congress woman in my book (i might be biased but i'm still right in most cases).

getting off my soap box now going to find a drink.[booze]

BTPost likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Had a close neighbor that just got back from Ecuador, and Gasoline was $1.35US/USG. A bus ticket to go 350 miles was $35US each way. At these prices it would make sense to hire a Tanker and go fill up down there, and sell it here.... Somebody is racking it in, somewhere along the line, and it isn't your local Gas Station Guy.... ..... YMMV....

5. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Fuel & Groceries "Don't Count"

VisUtrac (hope I got your handle right), got it right when he said that, if you do not count fuel or groceries, inflation is actually quite modest.

The fix has been in for years. Fuel and groceries are very important everyday purchases that all of us make on a daily basis. And yet, when compiling the shift in prices to measure inflation, both groceries and fuel have been specifically excluded for a few decades.

You see, if the numbers included fuel and groceries, the well-lied-to-masses would then know, beyond a shadow of doubt that we are in the midst of accelerating inflation, the likes of which we have not seen for 40 years. (remember the "good old [1970's] days" of Jimmy Carter's failed presidency??)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7