For Females: How Many Sheets Of Toilet Paper Do U Use?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Jassymummy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jassymummy

Jassymummy Monkey

I read that in Europe the people use 3-4 sheets and Americans use 6-7. I was trying to conserve for
    tshtf time and i found that i can get away with 2-3 sheets for peeing, not the other, and the roll lasts a lot longer. I'm thinking in bad times we won't have much. Well, there's pages from a phone bk - you crumple the page over and over and it gets soft - so save those old phone bks and get more from your friends who will be Glad to get rid of em. In bad times a water bottle with some soap in it works too.
    They do that in India and i had some eastern friends and they still do it. The only thing that touches
    them is the water.

2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I bought my wife a few of these: http://www.go-girl.com/

After a bit of practice, she very-much likes them. I didn't ask her how much TP she used, though. Sorry.

3. bgner

bgner Monkey

I have become more watchful since the price of toilet paper has risen. I can use 3 sheets for water, but wrap my hand around many times for the other! ;)

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I store LOTS of TP and I won't be trading any of it away either...

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

3-4? 6-7? Are you serious? Are you honest? ;)

I use enough so that no bodily fluids can seep through the tissue. I've never counted squares.

Guit_fishN and TnAndy like this.
  6. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Really......who actually counts ?

I got on a kick about TP few years back, built 10 boxes out of leftover plywood scraps, lined them with plastic and put 144 rolls in each box. Screwed a plywood lid on them, and stapled 6mil plastic around the outside, then set them up in the loft of a couple different sheds.

I figure 1440 rolls will last the two of us quite a while. We go thru maybe 2-3/wk, so I figure that's about 10 years worth.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

cdnboy66 likes this.
  7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

TnAndy
    I got on a similar kick around the same time you did (might have been a GIM thing... haha)
    A few months ago, we were out of TP in the house and I went to the stash to extract a 6 pack from one of the stored bails.

Something changes after 3-4 years of storage. It seems to lose some absorbency and crumpled up wads float on top of the water. Don't get me wrong, it still works and is better than a pine cone but something changes in the structure.

Maybe I should try aging some of the cheap stuff.

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Interesting. I've have to crack open a case and see what's going on with it.

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You said "crack open" in a thread about TP.......:lol:

TnAndy, cdnboy66 and bgner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7