1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

For Females: How Many Sheets Of Toilet Paper Do U Use?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Jassymummy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jassymummy

Jassymummy Monkey

I read that in Europe the people use 3-4 sheets and Americans use 6-7. I was trying to conserve for
    tshtf time and i found that i can get away with 2-3 sheets for peeing, not the other, and the roll lasts a lot longer. I'm thinking in bad times we won't have much. Well, there's pages from a phone bk - you crumple the page over and over and it gets soft - so save those old phone bks and get more from your friends who will be Glad to get rid of em. In bad times a water bottle with some soap in it works too.
    They do that in India and i had some eastern friends and they still do it. The only thing that touches
    them is the water.

2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I bought my wife a few of these: http://www.go-girl.com/

After a bit of practice, she very-much likes them. I didn't ask her how much TP she used, though. Sorry.

3. bgner

bgner Monkey

I have become more watchful since the price of toilet paper has risen. I can use 3 sheets for water, but wrap my hand around many times for the other! ;)

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I store LOTS of TP and I won't be trading any of it away either...

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

3-4? 6-7? Are you serious? Are you honest? ;)

I use enough so that no bodily fluids can seep through the tissue. I've never counted squares.

Guit_fishN and TnAndy like this.
  6. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Really......who actually counts ?

I got on a kick about TP few years back, built 10 boxes out of leftover plywood scraps, lined them with plastic and put 144 rolls in each box. Screwed a plywood lid on them, and stapled 6mil plastic around the outside, then set them up in the loft of a couple different sheds.

I figure 1440 rolls will last the two of us quite a while. We go thru maybe 2-3/wk, so I figure that's about 10 years worth.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

cdnboy66 likes this.
  7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

TnAndy
    I got on a similar kick around the same time you did (might have been a GIM thing... haha)
    A few months ago, we were out of TP in the house and I went to the stash to extract a 6 pack from one of the stored bails.

Something changes after 3-4 years of storage. It seems to lose some absorbency and crumpled up wads float on top of the water. Don't get me wrong, it still works and is better than a pine cone but something changes in the structure.

Maybe I should try aging some of the cheap stuff.

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Interesting. I've have to crack open a case and see what's going on with it.

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You said "crack open" in a thread about TP.......:lol:

TnAndy, cdnboy66 and bgner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7