For Immediate Just What You Can Carry Evac/Bug Out is Portable Electric Generator a Waste?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 27, 2019.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Well that was the point of the entire question about the weight, You once again did not answer the question. It is considered a generator by the Product Name

Kind of a good idea. My model, which may be a 100% delusional fantasy, is the one I often see most on TV and Movies, is where the Government puts you on a bus and they just let you take a bagpack/carry on with you. But it can't hurt to have a cart with you just in case as extra insurance. Any that you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
    oldman11 likes this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If you call a skunk a rose, does the name alter the facts? Pull it out, Ed.

oldman11, Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

In my opinion, if he is just going to his sisters a half hour away then it could be useful to them all but if he is walking to Nevada then dump it.

Lancer, oldman11, Merkun and 3 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The whole point of a Get the hell out bag is that you gotta go, and thats most likely going to be on foot sooner then later! What you have with you is going to be all you will have for some time, and your going to have to move it manually, be it a back pack, hand truck, ect.........
    Do you really need all those urban things wjen the cell network is down, the internet has crashed, and normal radio transmissions have gone away? How long can those things keep you alive? How long can those things keep you safe? How long can you survive with all those extra things that are now totally useless? Remember, you are going to be carrying it, sooner or later your going to cast it off because its heavy amd usless, and your going to wish you had more food and water amd other much more important things!
    Just sayin, a large and heavy battery is about useless, and relying on it as part of your bug plan is pure folly! Might be good for starting a fire with a few sparks, about it!

Gator 45/70, TnAndy, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I have a bunch of survival manuals, engineering resources and repair manuals loaded on my phone so I’d like a way to charge it. If I have to dump stuff along the way I will but if I am walking something really bad has happened...

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

IMO it is easier to dump stuff along the way than to wish you had it ,and it's too late .
    If your not coming back, nor do you expect to find any thing if you did come back ,all that you have on you is it ,there is nothing else .
    Those homeless with a row of grocery carts is your future, or you are living hand to mouth from then on.

DSCN4154.JPG
    This I built for hauling things around the property ,it handles 300 lbs just fine and is can be reconfigured for taller and longer if necessary.
    If I had to leave on foot , I am confident that this is more than capable of handling necessary supplies for survival including a framework for shelter and sleeping off the ground if necessary.

1. T. Riley
  2. TnAndy
  3. DKR
  4. Prepper12
  5. Prepper12
  6. Yad Tsalach
  7. Gafarmboy
  8. Big Ron
  9. Ganado
  10. TnAndy
  11. Sojourn
  12. Yard Dart