frugal camping tips

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Aug 21, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

The water in an bag trick actually works... we used to use it around our chicken houses...

3. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

I like the shoe organizer tip. However I am afraid that it would just encourage me to bring more stuff. I bring too much (to carry) anyway. I truck camp using a garden wagon to carry my stuff to where I have my jungle hammock setup. It has gotten so bad that last trip I put a set of ramps in the truck so getting the wagon in/out would be easier on my back. Sigh, Oh well you get the idea. I just am not a micro camper. I really enjoy setting up a base camp for 3-6 days and enjoy.The peace and quiet, the wildlife, no news, no crowds, just good fellowship with friends.
    GB

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have gotten soft in my older age. Bought a little RV with air and an inside "John"--lol. Our Oct gathering is just around the corner. We have reverted to camping by the lake instead of the dining hall area. Really nice down there. Come camp with us.

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:cool:
    I've had not good results with water baggie. MythBusters disproved it, too. (your results may vary)
    Though I think it might make a nice diffused light; I wouldn't put my headlamp on a condensation-creating jug.
    Dried toothpaste? gack! We have tubes in our camping bath section. No need for dried dots.

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

we add a penny inside the water bag... seems to work..

7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

i've not had luck with the water bag, with or without the penny.

I like the shoe rack idea for in out pup-up, may have to try that.

Thanks.

8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

This is a good video on making your own camp stove.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7