Fuel Storage

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TnAndy, Apr 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Go up this thread 7 posts and click on the link I posted....then get another cup of coffee, that first one ain't kicked in yet........ :D

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yeah, what you don't want to do is have a sealed container partially full. Here is one I'd taken out half the contents or so, apparently on a warmer day so the air inside was expanded, then screwed the cap on tight. When it got cold, the resulting contraction did this to the drum. I assume it's equally possible to seal one on a cold day, and warmer temps cause the drum to split ? Air will expand/contract far more than liquid.

So far, I've never had a problem filling them up a full 55gal, which leaves only an inch or so headspace. I DO store them in a cool location to minimize hot weather.

I connect an adapter to some air pressure, and blew the drum right back out to something like normal. Note the homemade 'drum pallet' use to move and store my drums with pallet forks on the tractor.

[​IMG]

oldman11 and ghrit like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL Got it Andy, thanks.

oldman11 and TnAndy like this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Absolutely, a good quality fuel stabilizer is a must-have, for long term storage. Sealed containers, too!

Unless you live in the world of AMC's "The Walking Dead", where, a year (or more) after the zombie apocalyse occurs, they're STILL siphoning gasoline out of vehicles, and getting perfect combustion from it! Must be everyone who fell victim to the "walkers", made sure to put gasoline stabilizer in their tanks, before they accomplished anything else! :sneaky::whistle::rolleyes:

oldman11 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ahhh, but Old Gasoline can still be used to throw onto those Zombies and burn them up.... They are easy targets cause they all move so slow...

oldman11 likes this.
  1. Bandit99
  2. duane
  3. oldman11
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    Resource

Biogas Notes 2008

Biogas Notes, By Paul Harris. [IMG]
    Posted By: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 21, 2018 in category: Energy