Fukushima radiation West Coast USA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToRP9MeMMfjXKR0cw18YEAgaRhKjfp8AFTPA_ulbmashBsgDJm images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkScB4lA61ojU0bL7PWqu4fDJ9xGpwRQoSrtS97ksjUv0DFOvPbA fukushima-radiation-usa34.
    I think most everyone has looked the above maps.
    My Question is:
    With the upcoming potential of Fukushima worsening disaster, how will it affect the West Coast here?
    What should we be doing in preps for it?
    Any experts ?

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Only thing I've really done is to quit buying seafood.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Alaska State DEC, has been sampling and testing Commercial Seafood Products caught in our State since the issue came up. As of NOW, they have yet to see ANY decernable Trace of Radiation in this seasons Seafood Catch.

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  4. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

seems a move inland may be in order for some

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

The fish might find that a little .....difficult.:rolleyes:

JABECmfg likes this.
  6. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Time will tell what the true repercussions of this event really are. But no doubt, it could have grave consequences.... and I doubt there will be much from the gov in the form of a warning, when the water here gets bad. They would not want a good emergency to go to waste ehhh.

8. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Yeah, I jest, but also holding my breath a bit. If it melts down and goes real bad, the west coast could be a bad place to be

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I will ONLY trust public testing, NOT government testing of seafood, be it State or Federal.

As for the FDA...need I even touch the subject at how corrupt they are? I am sure there is good seafood out there, but without honest testing, who's to say what is actually harmful?

Yard Dart and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

11. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Ok, I loathe stories like this. I'm not saying it isn't bad and liable to get worse. I'm not defending Fukushima or Japan. I'm not even saying that the what I would like to think is the point of the article is wrong. What I have issue with is that there are at least 4 redundant "signs" where they say the exact same thing, just extrapolate the number out for days, months and years. There are also at least 4 instances of "Experts believe" and "it is being projected". Neither of these things, in an of themselves, is proof or a sign that ANYTHING is being effected in California (because it has...THIS isn't a sign of it though).

And then there's the whole "this is going to affect us for a long time" statements (of which there are two or three). Again, not a sign, just fear mongering.

Again, I'm not saying we aren't being screwed by this, just that I'm getting really tired of hyperbole, from every corner.

12. BTPost

and the Sockeye Salmon runs in the Pacific Ocean, run on a SEVEN (7) Cycle.... and we just happen to be at a LOW Point, in that seven year cycle this year. I mean if what these YAHOOs are using as evidence, had any meaning, the the HISTORIC High return of the Total Salmon Run to Southeast Alaska this year, would seem to disprove their theories. We had more Pink Salmon (2 year cycle) return this year then has EVER been recorded, in Natural History. Junk Science, is still Junk Science... and all the disjointed Facts they published, does NOT, their Conclusion, Justify..... Not even close..... ..... YMMV....

13. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Proof positive that you can prove anything with sufficient variables and a sharp enough pencil...

14. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Then again flotsam and jetsam is washing up on the west coast. No junk science since they have vin numbers and hull numbers.

15. BTPost

and NONE of that "Junk" will be very Radioactive, if at ALL, since most of it left the area, within one or two tides, after the earthquake, and LONG before the Cores started to breach their containments.....

Silversnake likes this.
  16. HK_User

None of THAT junk will be Radioactive, it is what is called the precursor.

But you know that.

17. BTPost

Yea, it is called "Wild Assed Speculation, not supported by ANY Facts, or Empirical Data....

18. HK_User

Let me know how that works out for the fishing industry in Alaska.

19. BTPost

Works just fine.... We had the biggest Catch of Salmon in recorded History this year... and there was NO Radiation detected in ANY of the samples tested by ADEC....

Tracy likes this.
  20. HK_User

Let me know how that works out for the food chain in the Pacific over the next 5 years.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7