Global cooling

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oil pan 4, Jan 1, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

What I did.
    1.Moved to my residence purchased in the early 70s.
    2. Built a low impact home of storm resistant materials and high efficiency insulation with an expected life cycle in excess of 100 years.
    3. Raise cattle free range style, minimum medication just a worming block as needed. Purchase Hay and Cow Cake feed that is simple vegetable protein that is grown locally.
    4. Recycle the cattle waste directly into the pasture and maintain their pastures in a clean growth area.
    5. Haul cattle to a sale barn only 30 miles away.
    6. Control predator pest as needed.
    7. Protect wildlife by understanding the balance of nature.

Other than those things above and driving an average of 70 miles a week for ranch and home needs as we combine all trips be it Grocery, Volunteer Work, Restaurant Meals, Banking into common trips with an efficient vehicle and only run the truck as needed for cattle use.

I guess I'm just another wasteful Am-mer-ri-can.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's the difference between the conservationist and the environmentalists.
    Most of the environmentalists are all about "do as I say, not as I do" and give me free shit.
    I have encountered precisely 2 that are more solar panel and electric vehicle orientated than my self and neither one has their own water well, a bunch of land to plant trees, raise food and so on or is trying to go off grid.

mysterymet, arleigh, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The ipcc is calling for a systematic dismantling of capitalism, a $1.70 a gallon gasoline tax and a 10 to 15% everything tax that goes into some black hole UN fund with 0 accountability that is supposedly going to be used to fix global warming.

But no one says anything about china.
    China now dwarfs the US in CO2 production. None of these taxes would apply to them.

Apparently only capitalist CO2 causes global warming.

4. HK_User

I open my front door and see global warming is over.

oldawg, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Last year it was summer like well into november. I was like global warming is real and I love it.
    This year we go straight into winter in the middle of october...
    M-f*er.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Coldest, most snow in Canada in 100 to 125 year, new record for -25F wind chil duration.

Gator 45/70, HK_User and oldman11 like this.
  8. HK_User

And down here in Texas it has been the wettest summer, even now the temps are mild and I see wet areas for the first time in my life. FWIW wet areas to me is maybe a small depression that when it rains it runs water, now that small area is green with pond scum and then green grass on the edges. Minor to some but in our case it provides much needed winter grazing.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and oldman11 like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

True or False ,
    Some people buy CO2 for their garden since plants live in CO2 and put out Oxygen . It is suppose to improve plant life .

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Sounds like a Conn Job to me.. Selling CO2 to VeggieFrecks so their Garden will grow better... I mean the ECOFrecks will go Ballistic if they found out you are releasing CO2 into the atmosphere, on purpose...Remember it is the MOST Destructive GreenHouse Gas, according to EcoFreaks...

11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Exxon Mobil pledges $1 million to campaign to promote carbon tax
    • Exxon Mobil will donate $1 million to a group lobbying to place a tax on planet-warming carbon dioxide emissions.
    • The group, Americans for Carbon Dividends, is promoting a conservative, free-market plan to reduce carbon emissions developed by James Baker III and George Shultz.
    • The plan would provide regulatory certainty to energy companies and includes a proposal to limit the EPA's authority to regulate carbon emissions.
    Looks like ALGORE isn't the only politician trying to line their pockets with our money....

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They are either donating 1 million to the al gore fund, then donating 5 million to the Koch brothers fund or they have found a way to get in on the carbon credit scam and make more money.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How about all that cold?
    35 states declare emergency due to life threatening cold and snow.

I thought snowy winters would soon became a thing of the past.

14. HK_User

The newest excuse for the cold is that the oceans have warmed so much that the COLD FRONT is captured in the central US.

Bad case of Tunnel Vision.

15. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I watched a weather scientist on CBN that says warm weather is caused by sunspots, he predicts colder weather because a decrease in sunspots.

16. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

People will get rich on the Carbon tax like they did selling carbon offsets. It’s all a liberal scam.

oldman11, VisuTrac and oil pan 4 like this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The belivers insist that the sun has nothing to do with the earth's climate.
    They cite a 1996 study on the output of one specific wave length of UV from the sun that has only changed by 0.1% since records have been kept.
    Good to know we haven't learned anything new about the sun since 1996....

oldman11, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. You might want to check out Leucaena , Granted it may not burn as well as say oak. But it does burn, Is a very fast grower, helps soil fertility, and can also be used as a food source for livestock. If you google it, you will find a wealth of information on line. The attached file is but 1 I have in the library. may or may not be what you are looking for, But you may find it useful.

Attached Files:

3M-TA3 and oldman11 like this.
  19. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

anybody claiming today's weather has anything to do with Global Warming isn't paying attention to the lies of their own pet "scientists". None of them are claiming any immediate effects, it's all a threat in some fuzzy future if you don't give them money and power today. Bear in mind, these are the same people who wanted money and power in the 70s to sprinkle carbon dust on the poles to combat Global Cooling, so remember to never give them any.

20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bet Texas doesn't believe in global warming any more after that big February freeze.

Oh it appears that the Beaufort gyre may be starting to release it's cold fresh water.
    Step 1 make sure you have fire wood.
    Step 2 make sure it will fit in your wood stove.

1. DKR
  2. Meat
  3. Motomom34
  4. tacmotusn
  5. tacmotusn
  6. Seacowboys
  7. Quigley_Sharps
  8. Quigley_Sharps
  9. Quigley_Sharps
  10. hacon1
  11. ghrit
  12. Quigley_Sharps