Goats

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KAS, Feb 13, 2014.

1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Newest additions to our small goat herd this afternoon . Judging by the success of our endeavors in this regard, it is apparent that even an idiot can raise goats. :D
    045.JPG

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Oh, shucks. Now who's kidding who....

tulianr and Motomom34 like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

AWWWWWWW!!!!!

I do miss my baby goats and sheep! I used to have the cotton gin dump semi loads of gin trash in the middle pasture for the goats to mine through, and watching the babies play on those piles cracked me up to no end.

tulianr likes this.
  4. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I have had a couple goats for several years. Hot wire works if it is very hot and they have feed inside the fence. I have used dog chain and stakes to tie them out to brush an area down. Buy the heaviest chain they have and watch the clips that's what they seem to break use a 24 inch dog stake and check it every couple of days they will pull them up. Also don't give them enough chain to get to deep into the brush or you will be trying to untangle chain with a hyper goat on the end of it. They will kill everything by striping the leaves off. If u leave them next to a tree and there is not enough for them to eat they will strip the bark.

tulianr likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. Maybe I need to rent a goat or two. Got some briars that could use eliminated.

6. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Ghrit they will kill them out. When we bought our farm you couldn't walk through the pastures because the brush/briars were so thick now you can walk about anywhere you want.

tulianr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7