Gold silver

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Aug 15, 2018.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Supposedly the NSA is closely watching bitcon users.
    So if anyone is using bitcon to "stay off the radar" well that was stupid, because at the moment that seems like the number 1 thing you can do to get your self on the radar.

HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  3. sec_monkey

the IRS plus the SEC plus the DoJ plus the CFTC are watchin fer sure

HK_User likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Of course it's manipulated. Just like anything else that people want or need or can make a buck off of arbitrage.
    Gas, pharmaceuticals, gold, silver, bitcoin, currency exchange rates, health insurance, … etc.

HK_User, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. MtMoriah

MtMoriah Monkey

Nope, Bitcoin is not Fiat currency. I bought mine at about $200 several years ago. Now it is something like $6400. Think about that as you learn more about this new method which is known as "the greatest investment in history".

It is OK if you reject it - just as engines were rejected by many when the use of horses were dominate and the printing press was rejected when scribes where widely in use, we can very well discover just where Bitcoin is taking the world.

6. sec_monkey

bitcoin is not currency

ya should have sold it at $20,000

some would argue it might be "the greatest scam in history"

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  7. MtMoriah

MtMoriah Monkey

Again, Nope. Bitcoin could very well go to 50k, 100k, even 1-million. Just because you do not understand it does not mean it is lacking anything.

Do you really know what gravity is and what causes it? Nobody does. How about electricity? Not even electricians.

Something for sure is governments, bankers, accountants and others are or will be soon up against Bitcoin but that will not stop it.

Now go ahead and be against Bitcoin like horsemen were against cars and scribes were against the printing press. This does not matter - history always strides against the common thoughts and changes all.

I recommend you all look into Bitcoin and discover something of what it is all about. Millions of people in the world already have and you will find that few have turned against it. Why is that so? Find out.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yup, Millions of sheeple have bought into BitCoin, and a few have made a few bucks in Bitcoin Trading, but by and large Bitcoin is only as good as it's reputation, and Millionaire BitCoiners at $20KUS are now Thousandaires @ $6.4KUS... and when the Internet goes down, how are you going to do your selling??? Nothing more than this Quote "A Fool and his Money, are Soon Parted..."

VisuTrac, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

10. sec_monkey

it aint crypto n it aint currency, the rest of the article is reasonably accurate (y) (y)

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Crypto, gold, stocks it's not an investment until it pays off, until then it's a liability.

I bought rhodium, when the price quadrupleed I sold it, same thing with palladium.

Bitcon is more likely to go to 0 than it is to go to 100,000.
    Plus what you should be doing is buying low, selling high, then buying low again.
    You could have sold around 20,000 and bought back in around 5,000.
    Buying and holding on to it to forever to see what happens is not really an investment.
    If you can make money in botcoin, then I say go for it.

HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  12. VisuTrac

I am for just about anything governments are against or don't want the common man to have access too.

I love crypto but that said .. and said by someone else above .. more likely to go to zero than 100k. But even more likely to be labelled an instrument of criminals and outlawed thus creating new criminals to throw behind bars for the prison industrial complex. Gotta keep the tax payers money flowing.

HK_User likes this.
  13. MtMoriah

MtMoriah Monkey

Too late for "being used just by criminals". Bought a brand new house and nearly 40 acres using my bitcoin. No problem.

Just because you yourself do not know how to use Bitcoin makes no difference to the world. Keep using your horse to get around and hire your scribe to do your writing. Millions of people throughout the world see a new beginning much like the Internet changed everything in the late 1990's even as many people said it would amount to nothing.

I recommend you buy 1 bitcoin or 1/10 or 1/100th of a bitcoin and just hold it. You may be very surprised at what happens.

Enough said, I stick to my true world experience.

14. VisuTrac

Or you could read my primer on Bitcoin on this forum and then add your vast knowledge to any one of my threads.

sec_monkey, HK_User and ghrit like this.
  15. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Just holding my tongue!

sec_monkey likes this.
  16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Sounds like Baiting is going on. Not up to the code.

sec_monkey and VisuTrac like this.
  17. VisuTrac

Nah, my primer is over 4 years old. If some has bought a new house and big parcel with bitcoin, I want to know how he concluded the transaction, all BTC or BTC to commodity or BTC to fiat. Inquiring minds want to know!

I sure as heck haven't figured it out yet.

sec_monkey likes this.
  18. MtMoriah

MtMoriah Monkey

What I did is purchase Bitcoin through CoinBase.com. I had CoinBase turn the necessary Bitcoin for my house and land into fiat cash, which I then transferred to my bank and used to make the purchase.

I have an accountant for my business and she also handles my Bitcoin.

You can also make purchases just sending Bitcoin to someone who accepts it. No fiat from any country needed. This is a beautiful change from the current state of things.

Simple as pie. You can do it too. Be as negative as you want, that does not matter. I use Bitcoin and continue to do so just as millions of other people.

19. VisuTrac

How did you report the capital gains? I had a hell of a time calculating my cost basis. Did coinbase do the maths?

sec_monkey likes this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

i wonder if he reported the transfer of more than $10KUS in a single transaction to the IRS...

sec_monkey and ghrit like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7