Good news and bad news....

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by dragonfly, Jun 14, 2012.

1. davidsdesire

davidsdesire Monkey

I really can't see as it would be the 'stand up' thing to knowingly dump your problems on some unsuspecting soul.

I can tell ya where NOT to squat in Maine. On our place...i don't mind gettin hostile. ;)

btw, ditch witch...ya make me all hot and bothered with those shoes. A woman after my own heart. :)

2. mongovb

mongovb Monkey+

What a perv! I was thinking the same thing lol:oops:

3. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I like the red ones that were sticking out of ..what? Car window?

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I didn't say to dump it on them without disclosing. I said to let them assume the risk, and plenty of people would. $3500 for property that has 2 homes on it and all you have to do is get rid of the squatters? Heck I might even be willing to take that risk.

5. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

So what happened? This thread is like reading a book with the last chapter torn out. Come on guys you've opened a can of worms and it is getting the best of me.[cow]

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What does this mean?

If these people are uneducated and got swindled then I feel bad for them. Some people have never purchased a place to reside and don't know that there are proper steps to take. The Snake seems to be getting off. Instead of going after him, they are going after you, that is odd. What is the sheriff doing about the Snake? The Snake can't go around selling other peoples property. I guess heads up folks. If you own property elsewhere, check on it regularly.

KAS likes this.
  7. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

I guess they didn't learn from getting bit the first time. If you play with snakes you're gonna gt bit.

8. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

You must 1st check the laws on squatters rights...
    i no its screwed up but some places people have squatters rite and laws to protect them...

Secondly how much money are you willing to invest in getting these people out ...

As usuall most of the suggestions on here were giving by people who have never been in this situation before and had to fork up money for the services they are suggesting....

And the strong arming {threating} is a good way to get your self in the clink...

Legal help ...Nothing is cheap
    bulldozer or heavy equiptment... not cheap to deliver it let alone use it
    The Law {sherrif ,police}you wont get any were anytime fast without a "Donation"

9. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

They might not have known about a Title Insurance company (I do, but my boss does real estate for a sideline). As for a curse, I'll remove it for the price of the trip and materials. :)

Don't get scared, just use a Title Insurance company, and check it at irregular intervals.

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Time to get some Big Buddies together, pay the 'Snake' a nightime visit, and have a good ol' fashion "Come to jesus meeting". Let him know in no uncertain terms, he WILL get the squatters off your land or face some dire consequences. Tell him HIS personal property is now up for collateral. You lose yours, he loses his. [reddevil]

11. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

Don't you just love throwing a blanket party?

12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Nah Just squat in snakes back yard.... you move when they move...

be sure to dump the slop bucket under his bedroom window....

13. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

They have learned a lesson in life.
    You had your land improved for free.
    Be careful, you never know anymore.

14. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

So is there a status update on this ...
    We no what everyone who is not in your situation would do ... but what have you done or should i say what actions have been taken thus far?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7