Good to see you .... now go die somewhere else.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

If the horde of locusts are armed; the "what if" has an answer which can go either way. In combat one must consider all the options and one of the options is losing.

2. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Thats when you ambush the Grasshoppers attacking your Ant Hill from behind. As well as use various combat multipliers. Understanding you might lose is one thing, accepting it as inevitable is another.

dragonfly, Alpha Dog and Opinionated like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Ditto, the key is you understand the risk and no one accepts until they notice they are dead that is if we notice. ;)

Too many act as if the swarm of locusts simply needs a spritz of Raid and it just ain't so. Or the other guy will do just what I want. lol..

Opinionated likes this.
  4. mrrk1562

mrrk1562 Monkey+++

im going thru this now ...and now im starting over i hooked up with a family group....now one brother was known to have lots of food at his house at all times ..so we put it a his other brothers house as he did not do that ..well long story short the other brother's girl friend ..she came after the fact ..said wow yous guys got a grocery store going on down there ..sex and bjs trashed that plan ..but i can leave with my share or all of..he dont care them ..what i mean by can goods is stuff we raised in the garden and can'd... i found some where els to take my prepps plus my food ..i ll be on my own for the most part ..but not realy ..they where stupid and did not listen..so now the whole world knows about food in 2 locations and as im leaving this location i can be on the down low side of things ..so im starting out all over on this ..i dont mind helping some one out as i have more then i need food wise .im not an ass.i just depends

5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Just remember some people take an act of kindness as a sign of weakness. What scares me about helping someone out if they are not in my group is what if I feel sorry for someone and give them something and they are out scouting. They leave and come back with a group to over power and take my food, water, weapons and other supplies. That is some thing you always have to keep in mind because in that situation if you were that person what would you do for the surival of yourself and your family, I know what I would do and that is what scares me. As far as the fight im not worried about that but a fight would alert others to your location. Zombie's are atracted by sound and now you are not only defending against one threat but two, maybe three.

dragonfly, Mountainman and Cephus like this.
  6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

If and when shtf the fan happens the rules go bye bye.

I'm a Ham operator and I know which diode to snip after shtf to convert my ham band transceiver + general coverage receiver to a general coverage transceiver.

Having said that:
    HIT MAN: The classic homemade pistol silencer

BTPost likes this.
  7. STANGF150

That is when you activate your GOTH Plan. When all your other Plans fail, you use the plan you make for when all your other plans GO To Hell. For after SHTF the ethical, legal, & moral restrictions on how & with what, to defend yourself & property are then only worth the only use the paper they are written on is good for. Wiping yer bum with.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  8. thebastidge

thebastidge Monkey+

Legality may go out the window, ethics don't.

Being wrong will eventually come around to bite you, either in reputation or when the lights come back on and you end up in court. Ethics aren't meant to hobble you or hinder your survival, they're meant to guide you doing times of hard choices.

My ethical framework allows for the use of force and violence in certain circumstances. Not only allows for, but calls for. I won't lose sleep over it if such a scenario comes about because I intend to act ethically at all times- there will be justification for anything I do. I won't take the unethical choice just because it's easy. But I won't avoid the hard choice just because it will inconvenience somebody else, either.

People band together into societies and groups because it is mutually beneficial. No matter how prepared we think we are, we cannot live this well without other people. It is important to keep open lines of communication with other people of good will. You sometimes will have to take chances on people. Don't be the cmplacent low-hanging fruit, and most trouble should pass you by.

9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

IMO, it is Honor.

10. STANGF150

Say You are at your home with your Wife & two small children Post-SHTF. Your home is being attacked by MZBs. Would it then be Ethical to use IEDs to maim & kill your attackers? In defending yourself & your home & family post-SHTF, what ethical restraints would you practice, knowing those restraints might cause you to be over ran?

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Ethical Restraints would seem to "Me" to be:
    1. If you leave "Me and Mine alone" I will leave you and Yours alone.....
    2. If you intend Me or Mine harm, I will WASTE YOU, where you Stand....
    3. If you intend to steal from Me or Mine, I will WASTE YOU, where you stand...
    4. You will be welcome at MY FIRE, for ONE NIGHT, if you are traveling thru.....
    5. I will feed you something on that ONE NIGHT, but If you make noises like
    you are going to stay longer, I will encourage you to leave, forceable, if
    needed.
    6. If you do Not Identify yourself, or your Group, you are NOT welcome,
    Now, or in the future, PERIOD.
    7. If you are an "Authenticated Monkey" you are Family, and are welcome at
    my fire, for what time is mutually acceptable between Me and You.
    8. If you have Skillsets, that Me and Mine NEED, and you live such a life,
    that is compatible with Me and Mine, then I MAY choose to invite you
    to join Me and Mine, under mutually acceptable terms.
    9. Items One, Two, and Three, will be enforced on EVERYONE, in every situation,
    Period...

......... YMMV....

12. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I HAVE TO STAND WITH Bruce on this one. Unlike his situation I am closer to hoards of locusts. I must have a hard line in dealing with invasives. I simply dont have the means to help many. I can and will give water and Raman noodles until the Raman runs out. Then it is water only. Any violence directed at our people will dealt with swiftly .

The plus side is we are able to keep people away from our lake by simply blocking the road in. As this road goes no where else it wont be a main travel route of any large number of people. I worry more about half a dozen local bandits who are scumbags now and never needed shtf to be asshats. Those guys will get shot on sight if caught snooping around here. My guess is Ill never see a wandering starving group of women and children here. They will walk right by us at a distance of about 21 miles. It is my belief that most will head south away from the cold winters here leaving me and others who can survive here more land to use. Winter and snow are my friend. Snow plus no snow plows equals no visitors. The winter will be terrible on any who not prepared to move over snow or obtain water. Again , winter is my friend. KF

13. Reoon

Reoon Monkey+

And what about friends and distant family members in desperate situation? I bet if we will prepare really well for something unimaginable, well I can't just easily say: Grasshoppers hop away..

I might not be able to provide them with a resources either. What mindset shuoldd we have, what mental preparedness for this?

14. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Accept that the most reasonable moral obligation you can fulfill is to make them understand that the right thing to do is to prepare to stand on their own feet.

If they chose not to do that the repercussions rightly fall to them.

It doesn't need to be a complicated thing.

15. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

The way I look at and if I can is I tell my family what they need to do and if I can help them get started I will. When the SHTF and that time I think is very close If I have a little extra and a family member or very close friend is in need I will try to help. With that being said I have tried to warn all my family and my friends some opened their eyes and started to prepare and some made their own desicion to stay part of the sheeple flock. I have a wife and two daughter's that depend on me for their survival and I know that no matter how bad I feel for someone and want to help them what I do will affect my group. So I have to be the one to make hard choices and enforce them to keep my group safe.

STANGF150 and Cephus like this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

In my Post, #31, Item 7, includes Family.... and I decide what is "Mutually Expectable" .... If I decide it is NOT in the Interest for "Me and Mine" even Extended Family is going to be asked, to leave. Forcibly if need be. We don't have many slackers in our Extended Family, but we do have one or two, and I WILL NOT abide a slacker, in an extended SHTF senerio.... They will be asked to leave..... ..... YMMV.....

dragonfly likes this.
  17. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

My family members have been warned. I have been informed that I don't have to worry about them. Don't concern myself with our plans for the future. My one sister in law thinks I am an A number one screw up. She doesn't have two days worth of food in her house. She's too busy socking money away for here retirement. She thinks prepping is insanity. My brother has an old worn out .22 rifle with no shells. I really believe she is going to get him killed. My other sister in law is from VIETNAM and married my youngest brother for citizenship. Now she has a kid and she leaves her with my brother and goes off gambling. That's what she lives for gambling. They got maybe a weeks worth of food. I want to tell my brother he needs to toss her out on her ass and take the kid. He wont though. My sistersw are both concerned about what is coming. My oldest sister is a scrapper and will survive as she has all the canning skills and old school mindset. My other sister married a horse whisperer. They raise Arabians and have aq small fortune wrapped up in horse semen and foals. Lots of hamburger if it all goes down. She is also a scrapper and can take care of herself. She has a modest food supply.

I have a 2.5 year supply for 6 people plus garden, Rabbits, lake full of fish and chickens. My kids and grand kids are first in line. My daughter in law is waking up slowly and wants to learn how to can and grow food. She sees it as a new fad that lots of her friends are getting into. Not serious enough for me but a good start. She shops very well and gets incredible deals at stores like Aldis and such. She is an expert coupon user.
    She wants me to teach her how to shoot. My son has a felony record so he cant own a firearm but she can.

Bottom line is I have warned everyone in my family and my wife has warned all of her family as well. Not much more we can do. We have what many would see as hoarding. Its my guess some of my family will demand we help them. Ill just say here is some water and Raman. Make a soup. Ill point therm in the direction of a good cat tail swamp and say pull cat tails and Ill show you how to prepare them. Ill give my brother some shells and send him off hunting. Better to show them the road and some skills then to bleed us all. KF

bountyhunter likes this.
  18. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Losing should NEVER NEVER NEVER be an option!

BWM

hedger and Cephus like this.
  19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

To be fair to Tikka,

Much depends upon what is meant by "losing". If losing means being KIA, mortally wounded, captured or incapacitated to such an extent that one's short to medium term survival prospects are compromised, then I would agree with you Backwoodsman....but otherwise, if losing means that a defence may have to be abandoned in order to survive, live and fight another day...then Tikka's appreciation of that as a possible or probable outcome is a realistic assesment to make. Having made that assessment, the wise man will make his contingency plans to account for that possible outcome.

I have referenced this Louis L'Amour quote elsewhere, but I think it pertinent here also:

[quote]"A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat."
    - Louis L'Amour
    [/quote]

Such plans may include:

Decentralising stores / resources into a number of caches, some nearby and some outside of the local area,

Devoting some effort and resources to setting up concealable guerilla garden patches outside of a BIL / BOL

Having multiple means of withdrawal / withdrawal routes from a BIL / BOL to a safe refuge,

Contingency plans for a fighting withdrawal from a BOL / BIL,

Plans for delaying follow up pursuit of aggressors,

Mutual assistance alliances with neighbours / friends / kinfolk for temporary refuge and reorganisation,

Plans for counter attacking and rewinning a lost BOL / BIL

These are probably not the only planning considerations....but they will give folk at the site here some inspiration for the kinds of possibilities to be thinking about.

The following are online references to US tactical doctrine that may be adapted to serve as inspiration for your own BOL / BIL location planning.

FM 7-8 Chptr 6 URBAN OPERATIONS

NB Section 6-13

https://rdl.train.army.mil/soldierPortal/atia/adlsc/view/public/23583-1/FM/3-21.8/chap7.htm

gunbunny likes this.
  20. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

That sir is what we call a tactical retreat, in my book it should only be used to regroup. Combat like most things in life is all about additude. Sure weapons, tactics, and other things effect the out come. But if you have the additude that you can or will fail then you surely will be correct and you will fail. That is true with most anything in life. I was asked a question when I went through a hand to hand combat class by the instructer, what do you do if you're surounded by 500 enemy troops and your out of bullets? My responce like most was to bend over and kiss your @$$ good by. His was to kill them all, don't stop killing till they are all dead. You must never allow the thought of failure to enter your mind because failure is not an option.

BWM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7