Gophermans Little Farm 2.0

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Gopherman, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Lol @ghrit. I never can get it to work. And thank you for the link

2. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Dice and Hard Boil 3 large beets covered with 2 inches of water for twenty minutes.
    Strain off juice and add 2 cups of vinegar and 1 cup of sugar for every 2 cups of Beet Juice
    Heat until sugar melts
    Put Eggs and Beets in a jar and fill with pickling juice. Done!
    Your supposed to let them set for a week, but they rarely last more than 3 days around here!

Ganado likes this.
  3. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Now that the Bunny Olympics are over I will release a Video on a two minute or less butchering a Rabbit or other small game video. I made Jerky out of three rabbits last week and ended up with right around 5 lbs. of Jerky.
    recipe as follows;
    1 cup Soy sauce
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 heaping tables spoons of minced garlic
    2 ounces fresh ginger juiced through a garlic press, remnants added to mix
    1 Teaspoon Crush red pepper (For the Heat Weenies', I put 2 1/2 in mine)
    Heat until all mixed thoroughly, soak meat strips overnight and stir and soak for a couple more hours.
    Place on tin foil covered cookie sheet, you can pack them tight, they will shrink to 1/3 of their volume.
    put them in the oven at 180*. It takes from 10 to 14 hours. Check them frequently after 10 hours and remove pieces that are done. Let them cool, or not! We usually put the front legs in and soak them as well, then cook them separately for 5 hours at the same heat, they are awesome!

4. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Bunny sausage is good too! Thanks for the great posts.

Gopherman and Ganado like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7