Gopherman's Little Farm 2016

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Gopherman, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

hank2222, BlueDuck, Motomom34 and 5 others like this.
  2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Nice place! Lots of work invested there and looks like your getting a good return on your effort.

Ganado, Gopherman and chelloveck like this.
  3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Ganado and Gopherman like this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

That's a great undertaking and you've nailed it. Nice place, nice (and a lot of) work. [coo]

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

That is the way to prep!! Well done!

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Amazing Gman. You have the magic touch. I really like how you are investing in fruit trees. I think that is very wise. Also, that first house you showed, do you put panels on it in the winter for a greenhouse?

7. Gopherman

I put plastic over it. It's been up for 3 seasons now, it's also been reinforced this year. I added the Steel Cattle panels this year for trellis and to more evenly distribute the weight of the vines, at $20 per panel it's a great deal.
    Next year will be interesting! Most of my tree's should be bearing fruit, what the HECK am I going to do with it all?[LMAO]
    I guess the goats and sheep will be really fat!
    I really need to quit procrastinating on that stupid Solar Dehydrator, it's the only thing that will be big enough to handle that much produce, and we can only eat so much jelly.The food forest is a good because you just let it drop for fertilizer, but until then?
    My 1/4 acre lot is fixin' to become a small orchard as well. I will plant all kinds of Moringa in the next 2 weeks. Now that I know it will survive the winters and come back, it will also give me lots of fodder for the compost pile.
    I put 24 Zucchini, 24 Prolific Squash and 24 Ocra plant out there They are all doing great, the problem is I had 3 zuc. and it was giving me far more than I needed and took over my bed's , so I pulled them. Wow thinking about how much Squash I have coming is a little overwhelming, I will probably donate the surplus the the Wings Of Life Ministry where we sing once a month. They are an amazing org. They also are 1 of the only 2 places that can legally feed the homeless here now.

kellory, Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Gopherman likes this.
  9. Gopherman

Got a big lake down the road a couple miles How many frogs does it take? It didn't mention it in the recipe!:eek:
    like this type only bigger, WAY BIGGER!!!:)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    GOG likes this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Gopherman, that dehydrator you posted is gret for heat drying but for good 'air drying' which retains more nutrients consider this one

Cooking & Food - Solar Chimney and/or Downdraft Dehydrator plans | Survival Monkey Forums
    More plans
    https://www.survivalmonkey.com/reso...aft-dehydrator-plans.399/download?version=383

its kind of odd and not intuitively obvious about how it works but this version has the hot air move from top to bottom, as the air drops, the air flow drys the food, so that its air dried and not heat dried.

I tried to find the video of the guy in Montana who dried whole plums with his but can't seem to find it.

Gopherman likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 11, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    I love Sundays!
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
    I'm always happier outside!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
    Media

Garden

My herb garden loves the rain.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
    Somewhere... can you see it?
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 24, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Blue_skies

And sunshine
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 20, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
    Blossom
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Oct 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
    Tropical flowers
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Oct 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7