I finally took the time today to get my new Genset up and running. It's the 1800 watt (2250 Watt surge) Homelite from Home Despot. Uses a Subaru engine. Bought it a month ago. It was already topped off with oil - TOO much! I drained about half and refilled to the dipstick mark. Three rubber feet were missing - this was a 'floor model', not boxed. Was missing the Operator's Manual too - I'll see if I can get one from the company. I replaced the feet with some from HD's hardware bin. The gas tank did not have any gas scent, so my fears that it may have been a 'return' were somewhat lessened. I got a couple gas cans and filled them with straight non-ethanol gas (had to assure the store clerk it was NOT for modern vehicles - mower and Genny only! - before he'd give me the key to the 'non-mixed' pump. Got home, gassed the Genny up, and she cranked onthe first pull! COOL.....! Once it settled down, and I got it off choke, I connected a load to it - worked fine. So now I am set for 'emergency power' if needs be. It's a 'portable' unit, about the size and shape of a midsized cooler with handles on each side. No wheels. About fifty pounds, so can be lifted into and out of my van easily. I will build a small secure housing for it behind the house - I want it fairly close. Will need some better muffling and sound deadening too - little bugger sounds like a lawn mower running..... not nearly 'gray' enough for a SHTF situation!