Great Lakes Water To Be Sold To China As Half Of U.S. Faces Extreme Water Crisis

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Mar 10, 2016.

?
  1. I have a couple of cases of bottled water.

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I have barrels of water stored.

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I have a rain catchment system in place.

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  4. I have a well on solar power.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I collect water from my local streams and lakes.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. I intend on using city water supplies.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. I have lifestraws and purification tablets... I will be okay.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  8. I know how to get water from plants & trees.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. I have a Big Berkey.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. I have no water stored.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Check a map !!!! & the St. Lawrence is mixture of Salt ,Sewage & crap !!
    Ship leaving AME MT need ballast & they use FRESH WATER for ballast.

Sloth

2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Out...roundwater+million+litres/10865416/story.html

Nestlé is about to suck BC dry -- for $2.25 per million litres to be exact

Issues & Answers:

"
    Q: I understand that Nestlé Waters Canada will begin to pay $2.25 per million litres extracted for groundwater in British Columbia, beginning in January 2016. Is that enough?

A: We share concerns about the drought conditions in parts of British Columbia (B.C.) and believe that the price of water should be set at a level that encourages sustainable water usage. While there may be diverging views on the details of the B.C. government’s water fee schedule, we share the belief that all B.C. users should pay for the water services they receive and we welcome this requirement. We have supported the requirement that companies, including Nestlé Waters Canada, pay for their groundwater withdrawals in order to fund the newly established Water Modernization Act since the government of B.C. began discussing an update to its water regulations six years ago. Under this schedule established by the B.C. government, which will take effect in January 2016, water bottling companies will pay the highest industrial water user rates in B.C. Moreover, we are strongly committed to responsible water management and continually monitor our groundwater withdrawals and associated water resource indicators such as aquifer levels, spring flows and surface water levels to ensure no adverse impact to the watershed, the associated ecosystem, our neighbours or other water users. We are continuing to monitor the drought situation closely to ensure we are taking the right actions to enhance our water use efficiencies and help ensure the long-term sustainability of the watershed. We withdraw less than 1% of the available groundwater in the Kawkawa Lake sub-watershed. Each year we publicly report on our withdrawals and monitoring data in an annual hydrologic monitoring report. These reports conclude that Nestlé Waters Canada has had no negative impact on the Kawkawa Lake sub-watershed in the 15 year history of our operations."

Uh huh...
    They make 1,000,000 bottles of water....sell 3 for $1/each and the rest is profit...
    Seems legit.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

technically not $999,997 profit. There are costs associated with packaging, distribution, manufacturing, maintenance, people, facilities, ... etc. There are also losses and use of water in the bottling process too. 1MM L in doesn't equal 1MML out. But sure, it is a hella deal for the company not so much for the residents.

chelloveck and Mindgrinder like this.
  4. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

True and fair enough...u got the point.

VisuTrac likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. ColtCarbine
  3. duane
  4. Ganado
  5. Sojourn
  6. DKR
  7. deMolay