Great neighbors

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Hanzo, Dec 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

We always strive to be good neighbors. Our neighborhood is predominantly senior. When I cook, I regularly make extra and share. Sometimes, like on the 4th of July, I grilled for all of our nearest neighbors. We always look our for each other. I knew I was going to be busy during the week, so on Sunday, I went and bought boxes of Spanish rolls for all our neighbors. And for us!!

Anyway, I was working on getting our online Christmas greeting out (we were behind on printing), and wifee tells me that our next door neighbor brought over a bunch of kebobs. Glad I made it downstairs while there were a few left.

[​IMG]

Tell us about your great neighbors.

AD1, UncleMorgan, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  2. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Hmmmm... that is tough to do. After I moved in (carrying all my guns, ammo, reloading gear, IPSC targets, etc) I went around to all the houses and knocked on the doors to say hello. NO ONE answered! I could see the curtains move and I would wave and they would drop the curtains. Now about all they do is gawk at me like they have never seen a heterosexual White Christian Male before (considering the communist area I live in, that may be possible) and when I wave they run inside. The ONLY one to have anything to do with me is the woman across the alley who called the land lord to whine about the boxes in the garage here. I told the landlord if anyone wants to whine about me, tell them to come knock on the door and if their nose is out of joint now, just wait! The one(s) on the street side just call the cops any time I part in front of my house and try to have my car ticketed for "street storage" while they leave theirs on the street for weeks at a time. Wish I was kidding about any of this.

AD1 likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Wow! Sorry to hear.

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Legion489 that is horrible. I just do not understand why people cannot exhibit a bit of kindness. I don't feed or BBQ with my neighbors but I know if needed I can call them. Legion just keep smiling and waving, you are the one showing the high ground and it will pay off in the end. At least I hope so

UncleMorgan, Tully Mars and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Forgot to mention that the neighbor on the other side of us brought over a pie earlier. Guess we'll have some with lunch tomorrow.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Neighbors down the way were running around outside in their P.J's, Does that count?

Pretty sure we will have a block party this evening!

Hanzo and Ganado like this.
  7. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

There's a solution for that.

If they actually aren't driving the cars for several days at a time, glue a styrofoam coffee cup to the street right against the outer front tire.

Then stroll past the car once a day while someone films you. Stop by the car (so the cup is in camera) and roll open the local newspaper to the day's headlines. After five or ten days, call in the complaint and indicate you have photographic proof.

Let the investigating officer pick the cup up off the ground to show that it was glued in place the whole time.

Once they have to pay a ticket themselves (one or more times) the troublemakers will settle for a undeclared truce.

Then if they ever start giving you any other grief, just glue down another cup. They'll see it, because you'll have trained them to look for the little white cups for the rest of their little white lives, and they'll probably dial it back to zero.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

Legion489, It honestly sounds like you live in the same area I used to (stockton ca.) We retired and moved as soon as we could back to small town USA.

9. Bigfoot1986

Bigfoot1986 Monkey

Well my nearest neighbor is half a mile away and only goes to the house on weekends but he's friendly. Next closest is close to a mile away and they wont talk to us, probably cause were always shooting at targets or something.

Hanzo and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

My MIL and wife's cousins are our only neighbors for over a Mile... good folks and they help watch our AO...

Hanzo likes this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Chocolate haupia pie

[​IMG]

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

A former neighbor shared some huge lemons from his tree with us.

[​IMG]

So when life gives you lemons, sparkling lemonade! So refreshing and delicious. Maybe I will make some lemon ice cream too.

[​IMG]

13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@UncleMorgan
    Some local police departments will chalk a tire and if the vehicle is not moved in 24 hours or whatever the local ordinance is it will be towed.
    Once I had a nasty neighbor who would call the police if anyone would dared park in front of their house. The police would chalk the tire.
    To give you an example of how nasty, she actually called the police to report my Doberman was after a child who was my 6 y/o daughter. They came and watched my daughter throwing the ball.
    The neighborhood got fed up and rotated cars for few days. We had off street parking but to be a good neighbor we joined in the fun.

14. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Call in an air strike [own2]

15. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

@Hanzo you have some awesome neighbors. I moved in December of last year from my home in the city to the next county over (and outside the nearest city limits :) 1st day met one of the neighbors (well, the dad and kids at least), that afternoon the wife brought us homemade cookies :) Made the kiddos happy.
    Next day we met the neighbors across the street, nice couple and they have lived here for 20+ years.
    Finally met the last neighbor (though my kids had already met them by way of playing with their kids).

So far everyone has been very nice and courteous. Much better than our old neighborhood (methlab, drug deals, bad dog owners, etc.)

Hanzo and AD1 like this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Good move, @kckndrgn.

17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

One of our wonderful neighbors gave us some jai yesterday.

[​IMG]

1. Prepsteader13
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. ghrit
  4. Tink44
  5. Ganado
  6. survivalmonkey
  7. ghrit
  8. chelloveck
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7