Grid Attacks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Kingfish, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Ganado and T. Riley like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

We have almost all our eggs in small baskets. 100 or so large transformers, 100 or so transmission lines for power, bridges across Mississippi, roads and railroads through the Rocky Mtn chain for transportation. genetic diversity of corn, wheat, soy bean, rice, etc for food production, number of plants producing drugs and vaccines for our health, water sources and distribution systems for our water, number of large ports for our imports, number of naval stations, air fields, ship yards, ammo and missile plants and aircraft factories to support our military, and on it goes. Add that almost all of our money, savings, stocks, bills, government payments, health records, employment records etc only exist as 1 and 0 on a computer somewhere and we are in the same shape as an Army post in North Dakota in the late 1850's, in good shape as long as any future enemy ignores you.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Just think if it were out for 11 days or 11 weeks.
    I believe the initial die off could start as soon as 10 days.

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

east coast FL had multiple outages from overloaded power consumption today.
    In ground Transformers YOU see are like ICEBERGS !!Your seeing just the top of 25% cooling , the rest is in earth !!
    Filled with oil coolant

Yesterday was comcast loss of power & caused

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

6. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

In the 1970's I think it was 1979 the eastern seaboard of Canada due to solar flare knocked out huge amount of the grid due to the limited technology of the time it was minimal but affected allot of people. Imagine 30 years+ later losing power and communications would follow.
    Would be devastating.

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Terrorizers just want an instant gratification body count.
    If they knock out power, its not really that scary, at least at first and no one is going to know who did it until much later on.

8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

It was a relay in USA , & Canada (Ontario Hydro / Nuke power as with Quebec Hydro ) who Supply's ,were knocked off line .
    CANADA only FEEDS HUGE FUCKING POWER , You need to keep up( limited technology is really limited eyesores and infrastructure ) & distribute it .. Canada Supplies Fuel oils , Power as in Crude ..
    JFI

Please , It was my job to supply power!!
    Your infrastructure is 1960 still .

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

So what Im seeing is that they (the terrorists) dont even need an emp weapon just 12 to 24 big bombs like Fuel oil and fertilizer ones like McVeigh used. Rental TRUCKS AND BOMBS . Hey ,,, just like the old Jericho Series.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup, nailed it. That's why we prep.

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Taking down the grid with a modest team is easy......we will leave it at that.

Be prepared... they will hit us at some point. If they don't, some national group will do it to prove how vulnerable we are. I suspect that the .gov fears more the national group, over the world terrorist groups. ;)

12. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

15. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary