Happy New Year, you Monkeys!!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Hanzo, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Hope 2015 did you well and may 2016 will be the best ever, in a series of ever improving years!

Today was busy and this is my first chance to sit down and relax a bit. I did want to make dinner for my family, as well as share with neighbors. So after shopping in the crowded mess of a supermarket, I cooked all afternoon. The bright side at the market was the store manager put our lots of coupons for meats. And when I was looking to pick, he said to take the coupons and use them. They are there for the customers. So I grabbed on per tray of meat and was so happy to save a bunch of money. Way to end the year. Great service and save money.

Got the grill fired up and some kiawe on there. Then the kalua pig just went on top. Turned it every 30 minutes or so. After a couple of hours, put more hot coals on top this time. The kalua pig was wifee's favorite. And the eight grain sprouted brown rice.

[​IMG]

Shockingly, the veggies were not her favorite. And she scarfed a bunch of that too. Peppers, onions, and garlic roasted on coals.

[​IMG]

Monkeys' favorite was predictably the steak. I made various degrees of cookedness, from medium rare how we like to well done. Wasn't sure how the neighbors would like theirs.

[​IMG]

I kinda like the smoked marlin. Smoked it for a few hours and it still came out medium rare. And tasty. Put it on a grill away from the fire, but in the kiawe smoke.

[​IMG]

My dinner

[​IMG]

Have a great one everybody. And stay safe.

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

New Year sundae

[​IMG]

Bear, Tully Mars and stg58 like this.
  3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

@Hanzo I gained 5 pounds just looking at your pictures, thanks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    Georgia_Boy, Motomom34, Bear and 2 others like this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Y'all eat well, I'll say that for ya.But ain't there any way you could keep Obummer over there awhile longer??:D

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

You think I like it when he comes?!? Untold millions in taxpayer dollars are spent for each of his vacations.

Georgia_Boy, Altoidfishfins and stg58 like this.
  6. Tully Mars

Just fun'in ya Bro.:)

Altoidfishfins, Hanzo and stg58 like this.
  7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

8. Tully Mars

Those golf days really cut into a country's schedule don't they?

Hanzo likes this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I know. But I am still not happy with the amount of wasteful spending the Obama family are responsible for.

10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Happy new year @Hanzo and all my other fellow Monkey's...

11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Happy New Year. Hope everyone has a safe, healthy and prosperous year to come.

12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

[ditto] What he said... :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7