Hello all

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by horology, May 24, 2011.

1. horology

horology Monkey+

Hello all, I've got a question for you all

Is it just me or are things getting so crazy that people are not paying attention any more?

It seem to me that the crazier it gets the more people close off their minds and pretend that nothing is going on.

What's your opinion?

Sheila
    Place of Refuge 2012 - A Survival Community

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

The sheeple just deny reality. It is a coping mechanism. You are not imagining things. It is getting worse, the only ones denying this are those who don't want to cope with it. They would rather just worry about getting little Amanda to her dance class and little Jimmy to soccer. After that they can get a nice stiff drink, turn off their brains and watch American Idol. It's easier that way.

Cephus and BTPost like this.
  3. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

I'm sorry were you saying something. Just sitting here eating bon bons and watching judge judy. In seriousness, your right, i try to talk to people about what's going on around the world, but they don't want to hear it. it make's them uncomfortable the reality that were heading towards something bad.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey, Just because I watch "Judge Judy" for Slapstick Entertainment, while I eat lunch, and maybe eat a Bon Bon or two for dessert, doesn't necessarily mean, that I am a "sheeple", and do not know what is happening in this world. [LMAO]

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I am sorry, All I read was baaaaah baaaaah baaaaah. Do you have a translation for that? JUST kidding!

6. horology

horology Monkey+

So it's not just me

So I guess it's not just me,

I live in a very very remote place in the mountains of New Mexico on the continental divide, when we go to the big city (Quamoto pop 250) we talk with people there and they all have same opinion, and it seems that it is what ever they heard on FOX/CNN/ABC/NBC bull shitters all is there current opinion.

We don't have a TV and have not been PROGRAMMED for over 6 years.
    So when we hear people using the TV talking points it reminds me of the line in the book/movie 1984 "Winston did you hear that the chocolate ration have been raised? I love double good chocolate" the line was referencing the news item that the chocolate ration has been raised from 30 to 15 grams.

S

Well that was what I was talking about.

Dan
    Place of Refuge 2012 - A Survival Community

7. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

No it's not just you horology. I'm seeing more and more. even with the Strom's, and flooding everything is taken as "just another TV show". That is unless it's your place destroyed.

I've talked to my kids and family and they are like "I'm to busy to worry about that".

8. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Most of my son's friends were gulled by the "hope & change" mantra that was chanted by the Obama Supporters.

After 2 1/2 years of Obama's administration, the bloom is waaaayyy off the rose for just about all of them.

You truly have to be in total denial of reality to claim that everything is just fine.

I think that a much better case could be made for deniers of reality that they are "coping by hoping." But the change that is coming is not going to be what they wanted.

I expect that it will be 2014 in a Republican administration before we see a decent resurgence in our economy.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7