1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by buzzz, Aug 3, 2011.

1. buzzz

buzzz Monkey+

Hi yall , I am avery new member here and wanted to say hello . I am a kind of quiet person and I usually only post when I feel passionate about something . I lurk a LOT and enjoy reading about others accomplishments !
    I just completed filling a MAJOR hole in my preps , I finally got a water well drilled and operational on my property . As of now it is electric only , but I plan to add a deep well hand pump as soon as possible . Hand pumps are pretty pricey so it's gonna be a little while before I purchase it while I recoup a little cash after the drilling expendature .
    I just wanted to say hello and let yall get to know me a little bit . [beer] Buzzz
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome Buzzzz, glad to make your acquaintance.... Looking forward to reading your stuff....
  3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I've drilled a few wells by bucketing and it's not easy work. If you did that I have no doubt you'll get the rest done.
  4. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Drilling by Bucketing?

I have not drilled any wells at all but I am curious as to what the drilling by bucketing process is all about.

Could you please enlighten me?
  5. buzzz

buzzz Monkey+

I have to admit that I did my well the lazy mans way . I went to work and did what it is I do to make the money to hire a driller to do what it is he does ! The well is 185' and is very good water . Getting that done has been a nagging concern for years , but I will not be totally satisfied until I buy and install the hand pump ( which I will install myself , since I can only be partially lazy ) ! There are different ways to do your own well. On the net but in my situation none of them seemed feasible .
    Anyway thanks for the replies !!
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary