Help pick me a tactical flashlight

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by NotSoSneaky, Jan 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

200 Lumen Mini Bonfire, Compact UltraBright Cree LED Flashlight, 1 x AA Battery List on Amazon currently 10.25 with free shipping

Im gonna make an observation about gun lights. People think that they need to see a great distance and want the brightest light they can find. In my work we only use light when it is absolutely necessary and generally only indoors or in small areas. You want A light you can see by but that does not tell the people in the space station where you are. I always figure to aim to my right of the other guys light and I have a good chance of a hit.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

After chasing a pair of raccoons in the dark last night with some craptastic 30 dollar led flashlights that throw great amounts of light up close but getting 20 feet into a tree canopy left me wondering if I'd wind up getting a coon landing on me as I couldn't see bubkiss.

After spending most of the afternoon reading reviews and comparing prices .. I just used our SM Amazon shopping link and ordered 2 Fenix E35 Ultimate Edition flashlights. 360+lumens on high (3 hr runtime). 1000 lumens in burst mode. (60USD each with battery, carry case, and battery recharging station.)

They run on 2 cr123's or a single rechargeable 18650.

Now I shouldn't have a problem locating the chicken killers.

Ganado likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

VisuTrac likes this.
  4. nanatalie

nanatalie Monkey

Surefire is also my first choice, whether it's an EDC light or with other equipment, I use it every day as a military and civilian identity. Great for airplane inspections at night, and can also shadow your attackers on your way home from the bar.

Brokor likes this.
  5. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

For Non gun mounted, I really like the "PRO" line of the Bushnell flashlights. I have the 1500lumen and 800 lumen ones that are both rechargeable from a standard usb-micro/cell charger. They also have a few non rechargeable that run on 123's. I really like the solid feel of these flashlights, and their customer service is darn good too, I broke the belt clip on one and they send me a new clip with no questions asked.
    For Weapon mounted, I use the INFORCE Gen2 WML 400 (they also have a 800) both are under $200 and fit the bill for me for ease of use and features or lack of. It does Momentary on/Constant on/and Strobe. Also runs on 123 batteries.

J-Woodsman

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. Hanzo
  2. Ganado
  3. The_Prepared
  4. Southbound
  5. Hanzo
  6. M118LR
  7. jim2
  8. H.I.S Survival
  9. Motomom34
  10. Hanzo