Hi, my name is Mark. I am creating a survival tv series...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TV Mark, Aug 18, 2015.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Mark, as one who actually lives far out in the Alaskan Bush, I deal with Prep'ing because it is a way of life, this far out. "If you haven't got IT, (Whatever you need, but do not have) already, the earliest it can get here is two weeks, and more likely a month, or two." Those of us that live out here, do so because we really have had enough of the "Civilization" that you FlatLanders live in. We also do not suffer Flatlander Fools, much, and normally just tell them to "Get back on the plane that brung them" before Mother Nature teaches them, the Death Lesson....
    State Trooper asks, "I am looking for a guy, that flew out here 3 weeks ago, name was Mark from then UK. Have you folks seen him, or know where he went?" We reply, "Seems to be, I recall some Yahoo, like that a while back. He flew in and then just wondered around for a few days. Then we didn't see him, or hear of him after that. Is there a problem?" Trooper, "Well his family is inquiring, and none of the Bush Pilots, remember picking him back up." Us, " Oh well, another FlatLander lost in the Alaskan Bush. Maybe he took a boat, out" Trooper, "Nope, checked with all the locals and nothing. Well if you hear anything, give me a call, would you?" Us, "Sure, No problem, by the way, how was the Wx, on the way out from town today? The Mail Plane just turned around, because of Bad Air over the Pass. Guess, we will not get Mail, this week." Trooper, " I just made it thru coming out, but I am on my way to Pelican, for the day, so Not and Issue for me, until tomorrow. Ok then, catch you later, and I will call in at Pt. Adolphus, for my enRoute Check, could you report that back to town, for me?" US, "Sure glad to help, See ya, next month...."

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@TV Mark
    Don't let @BTPost kid you. He's isolated for only 9 months out of the year, for three months in and out isn't too horrible if the mail boat or plane can actually land in his AO.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lord, Watch over my fellow monkey's and may their sense of humor never fail them. Amen

Welcome TVMark

4. TV Mark

TV Mark Monkey

My casting has to be done by tomorrow and I know I won't get any applicants from this forum. However, I've enjoyed starting each day, with a coffee, reading the unfolding dialogue on this thread. I like this community so I'll stick around in a non professional capacity so I can learn a thing or two. Thanks to the moderators / administrators for not kicking me out. Mark.

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

You're welcome Mark...all the best with your enterprise...we are here to help. I hope you don't get too many Ned Flanders type left handed survivalist / prepper wannabes. ;)

I suspect part of the reluctance of some to become involved might be the roasting they'll inevitably get from their peers here. :LOL:

I think Minuteman teamed up with me may make for some interesting viewing...probably a bit like a religious version of The Defiant Ones" (Starring Tony Curtis and Sydney Poitier)
    :love:

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

If we had a member that was going off into the woods with tactical wheelbarrow and a Tactikat he would be a good candidate for this type of show me thinks...

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Now that is an intelligent decision;)

Who knows? You may learn enough to give a screen credit for background material/ consulting, or perhaps a site donation.
    There is no better information source.:)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. ghrit

The show, when it goes live, should have a full screen statement to the effect that "This is fictional. Real preppers do NOT do public."

9. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

That is not necessarily true.

10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You're right. It should read " this is fictional. Intelligent Preppers do NOT do public"

chelloveck likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well, on occasion, I do violate that Rule, Kell..... There will be a shot of "Yours Truly" on a "Known Reality Show" It was fun to do, and OPSec, is NOT such a Big Deal, for Alaskachick & I, because of where we live.... So we decided that we would do it, but it certainly is NOT something we would commit to doing, on any Long Term basis.....

NotSoSneaky and kellory like this.
  12. ghrit

Always, there's an exception that either proves the rule or shows the validity of the exception. Excursion inlet is one such exception, as would be any "settlement" along the rail line.

Tully Mars likes this.
  13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Im nominating chello for TV personality of the year on survival monkey.

1] He has the wit and cleverness to roast others in a funny way and get away with it (a very rare survival characteristic and a good monkey trait)

2] he has inventive problem solving skills. See his portable back packing still post

3] Chello is a cheap date. he only needs plane tickets from Mark ;)

That's my nomination for monkey of the year!

14. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

A religious survival show should be right up chelloveck's alley. I would pay money to see that. LOL Television would never be the same. LMAO. @TV Mark I would take chelloveck on his offer, it would make for great television.

Tully Mars, chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  15. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks for the offer Mark and most of all, thanks for taking the ribbing like a man. As you can see, we're all quite private in our lives and our life styles. Good luck on the production and by all means, stick around for Act II. We might just break out in song as we build our composting toilets and rotate our food stores.

Tully Mars, Yard Dart, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  16. chelloveck

@RightHand

Or rotating our composting toilets and building our food stores ;)

17. chelloveck

OMG! Those folk done traded their weapons for supplies.:eek:

How are they goin'' ta hunt game fer the larder, 'n' fight off them thar blood thirsty, scalp huntin' heathen injuns???:rolleyes:

18. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I read that as "roasting our composting toilets"

Tully Mars, chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  19. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cow dung is a common fire fuel so..........its not beyond the realm of possibility

chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Its also those little green coils that we burned at the drive-in theater.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7