Hillbilly building materials

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by monkeyman, Apr 24, 2006.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ok, just have to find out, dose anyone out there drive down the road admireing all the potential building materials available in case of any long term SHTF situations? All those electric poles for log buildings and such as well as the cables run between them, the large metal and plywood road signs, the huge heavy duty tarps with the adds printed on them for the bill boards and so on.

I actualy have a shelter for our Donkey with a large gas station sign as part of the roof and another as part of one wall and am building a large outhouse that will most likely have one or two to make up parts of the walls.

We need a good toothless hillbilly icon. [raspberry]

2. Squirrel

Squirrel Monkey+++

Oh great...now when I drive down the road I'll be eyeing all those items, but for a different reason than normal... o_O

A lot of older poles have creosote on them. I imagine those could be painted or covered with some type of material to avoid contact with the creosote.

With a gas station sign as the outhouse wall you'll at least have something to read...depending on which way you place it.

3. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

[LMAO]

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

every third-world country you travel through will have entire communities made from what they can scavange. Nothing hillbilly about that, just using what's available.

5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Best I could find :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:D
    hillbilly1_194.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7