Hostess Madness! Please Tell Me I'm Not The Only One Here!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Okay, you guys are gonna have to start being more clear with your subject matter for those of us (few) who don't actually watch television, read the corporate newspapers or listen to talk radio daily. It took me this long to figure out that you guys are serious and Twinkies are possibly going to be axed.

Here's how a GOOD thread should start:

Title: Hostess may close due to strikes: No Twinkies OMG!

The End of Twinkies? Will Closing of Hostess Mean Iconic Snack Disappears?

Oh my gawd, guys! Twinkies are ending! No more da-Twinkalies! Me sad! You?
    More information on Twinieszez and their health benefits (if any): Twinkies: Even nutritionists mourn the ultimate junk food - TODAY Health

Labor strikes causing Hostess to rethink its strategy and perhaps move to China like everybody else:
    End of Twinkies? Hostess Says Strike May Doom It - Ho Ho's maker threatens to close for good unless workers return

Have nice day! [kissit]

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Coming soon to a store near you !!!

Cajun twinkie's...Stuffed with crawfish tail's...

Hell Yeah, I think i'm on to something...lol

Dawg23, kellory and oldawg like this.
  3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Oh, gator, I think you just may be on to something!! Crawfish stuffed Twinkies! Wooooottt! Sweet, spicy, seafoody (is that a word? LOL), how could ANYONE resist??

Kajun

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Read the finer print, just beside the ingredients,bottom right , under tab.
    在美国,现在中国
    Walmart isle 15d

Sloth

gunbunny likes this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Those little debbie cakes suck. Just thought you should know. Everything Little Debbie makes leaves a coating of wax in your mouth...

But YES the free market should step in and take over.This is a much better alternative:
    Wicked Whoopies -- Whoopie Pies

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

look messy, but tasty.:cool:

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

twinkies-meme-hostess-nuclear-holocaust-mayans.
    twinkies-meme-hostess-nuclear-holocaust-mayans.

VisuTrac, Cruisin Sloth and CATO like this.
  9. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

That fact that you guys are arguing as to whether twinkies or cloud cakes are "better tasting" is amazing. The Union Led Workers should take their employee pension and acquire the company so they can pay themselves more through a profit sharing program. Then they don't have to worry about raises and striking. They can take home all the profits or losses.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  10. kellory

If the sheeple had any business sense, would they be in this predicament now?

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just about every time a Union, takes over a company, and tries to actually RUN IT, mostly they FAIL, with 5 years, and take the company Public again. Way to much inFighting, between the Bosses, they hire to run the company, and the Owners.....

12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

There were two unions on this deal/fail , the Teamsters and the Bakers.
    The teamsters took a look at the company's balance sheet and decided that if the didn't make some concessions the company would tank.
    The bakers union said NFW to consessions.It was the baker's union that didn't budge. The teamsters had enough sense to understand that it's either a cut in pay and benies or no job at all. Hostess needed an 8 -9 percent payroll cut across the board and about a 19 percent cut in benefits to balance the books, sort of. Hostess has been in and out of bankruptcy court several times over the last several years. The baker's union only represents about 6000 employees. So nearly 20,000 folks lost their job because 6000 and their greedy union overlords couldn't come to terms with reality.

And the affect on third party vendors.......

I still know how to push a broom and do.
    Sloth

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I'm feelin' fine....never had a twinky...and have no great inclination to consume one. In Australia, we're used to national food icons being snapped up by multi national food conglomerates and either disappearing, or suffering a qualitative loss of its quintessential Australianess.

A Bruce Willis Die Hard film will not be the same without a reference to Twinkies.

14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

XQHCL.
    XQHCL.

UGRev and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Clyde, the problem with this is that then the union would be the managers as well as the employees. Given the "us against them" mentality going on with the bakers union, I think that would be darn near impossible since they'd then have no one to hate or blame for bad business except themselves.....which would never happen.

Kajun

P.S.
    The employee pension doesn't have enough $$ to outbid Bimbo. :)

16. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

17. kellory

Don't you love it when people quote movies without watching them? "With all the brio of Paul Newman and Robert Redford as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid cornered by the law and yelling "Ohhhhhhhhhh Sh……………t" as they presumably jumped to their deaths" As I recall from God only know's how many years ago, they were cornered by the Mexican ARMY, or doesn't anyone else remember "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And we are now told that the court ordered mediation is failing.

19. Quigley_Sharps

LkP1e.
    LkP1e.

20. Quigley_Sharps

tumblr_mdrj18wie51rahnamo1_r1_500.
    tumblr_mdrj18wie51rahnamo1_r1_500.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7