how many people keep a electronic device in bob

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by hank2222, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have a thumb-drive, a GPS, three Garmin Rhino radios w/gps, a laser ranger finder, and a n I-pod in my BOB. Batteries are in a baggie, separate from everything.

2. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Water resistant Garmin E-trek,a cheap digital compass(with regular compass for backup),two water resistant AudioVox gmrs/frs radios with built in hand cranks.They take rechargable AA's,that can be removed for use in other devices.They can also be charged with a 12v,or 110/220 power sources.I also keep the top sections from two garden solar lights for recharging AA's.Have a small led crank light/radio tha can be used for charging a laptop,cell phone,or any other usb device.The main device it would charge is an old Palm Centro smart phone(never activated)that will work as an e-reader.It's kept in a small soap tin with a stereo blue tooth headset,and my 8gig micro sd cards that are loaded with survival,how to,A/V entertainment,and other misc pdf files.
    I plan on adding several Callpod Dragon btooth headsets.They have a 100meter+- range,and can be paired with each other,or other btooth headsets,to use for squad level,or hunting partner short range coms.They can be found on Ebay for $30 or less apiece.
    It may sound like alot,but will all fit in a travel shaving kit/daub kit sized bag if combined.I keep the stuff spread around my molle BOB,in AR triple mag pouches that I cut the deviders out of.
    Matt

3. Gold Eagle

Gold Eagle Monkey+

I got your Red Thumb! Pendejo

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7