How Much Clear Space is Around Your House

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Dunerunner, Jun 7, 2017.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Several things I've learned through the years ,
    Attempting to defend a building from the inside, is futile .
    A hardened shelter works best against weather, not determined people.
    Your literally a sitting duck .
    With out external forces patrolling the perimeter ,capable of meeting the opposition away from home, opposition has the opportunity to return with more force, more resources .
    For all intents and purposes ideally, several cooperative groups with trade agreements would have a great advantage.
    Bartering and security can be organized for a broad expanse in area , and resources can be brought together if one or more are under attack from either natural or human threats.
    No doubt there will be conflicts, but most I fear are those that already exist, that are already well trained and determined to break us down .
    Having a secure internal hub and external perimeter security and good communications , challenges can be met with out weakening the rest of the perimeter.
    One well trained person, sneaking in, can weaken an over confident defense .

Dunerunner and M118LR like this.
  2. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

There are way to many 13th Warrior Moments here. (I like it) It's not what you can see and calculate that shapes your defenses, it's what you can't see or evaluate that leads you to ruin.

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Well stated. Interdependence would insure that a cooperative effort on defense was made by all among the groups. Maintaining a level of trust would be a problem, IMO.

M118LR likes this.
  4. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Once again, "Blood is thicker than water", the welfare of those dependent on you like your welfare was dependent on me can only be assured by by the deeds of the past and our determination to have a common future.
    NEGOTIATIONS:

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Love that movie....[​IMG]

M118LR likes this.
  1. oldman11
  2. deMolay
  3. Motomom34
  4. Lone Gunman
  5. ED GEiN
  6. Yard Dart