How they broke into homes?!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Can't beat well trained dogs. My little Rat Terrier is 8 pounds of does not miss anything and always first on the scene. It is the pit bulls behind her that make folks take her seriously :) The two great pyrenese bark a lot and are big and did I mention they bark a lot? I do love my Pits though only 65-75 pounds each and trained firmly from birth to obey first time every time. Now if I could just stop the little rat terrier from trying to skin everyones ankles and stop beating up the pit bulls. Always makes me laugh to watch 3 pits that will go toe to toe with Godzilla and not flinch, hide halfway under the bed whining because little BB is attacking them. I don't bother locking doors, had someone a few year back open my front door while I was gone, and they left a nice puddle of blood on the porch and a big blood smear on the door. Much easier to hose away blood than replace a lock :) Was amusing to see one of the less reputable neighbors from a mile away walking around with bandages up to his elbow on the right arm. And Luka my biggest Pit laying on the floor in front of the front door when I got home with a very satisfied look on her face and several little dried blood flecks on her head and shoulders. They are totally harmless as long as me or my wife is here unless we tell them to Guard, chase, or attack. No one here and they won't let anyone past the door. The dogs were inside one night and me and a friend were working on a project, I sent my friend to the house to get a roll of duck tape off my desk in the house. 10 minutes went by and he was not back, then 20 minutes, and i decided I better see what was holding him up. The pits had him cornered in the living room and would not let him leave the corner. LOL they didn't and probably would not attack him, since they have known him since they were puppies. But they were not going to let him leave the house with the roll of Duck tape. Told him to sit the roll back down on the desk and as soon as he did they started tail wagging and were ready to play, told him to pick the roll back up and they went right back into guard mode staring at him and growling. Told the pits its OK and they went back to relaxed mode. Had never trained them to act like that with my friends and honestly didn't think they would protect the house and my things like that with people they have known since they were puppies. So I picked the roll of tape up and didn't even get a glance from them, handed it to my friend and no reaction from them. Took it back from him and sat it on the desk and asked him to pick it up again and boom right back in front of him holding him in the corner. Tell them its ok and back to their laying down and relaxed. I now know if I want the damn roll of tape I have to go get it myself :)

Good rule, best for the general public to believe you have nothing of value and certainly nothing worth getting shredded by the dogs for.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

To me the house most vulnerable are those that look as though no one lives there, the yard is pristine and every thing looks perfect , that says $$$ .
    I've got tractors and equipment every where ,barn and trailers doors open and stuff every where . Neighbor's dogs and my chickens put up a ruckus any time the see some one walking around.
    At night I've got motion sensor lights every where both AC and DC powered ,So I can't even sneak around. Cameras are an extra more for my entertainment actually.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

The image of that terrier and those pit bulls was priceless! Made me laugh. Thanks for sharing ![winkthumb][hug}

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Cameras are awesome, I get more entertainment watching the action on the camera feeds than from anything on the television :)

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Or you could go the other direction - paint this chalk outline in your driveway and sprinkle some used 44 mag and spent 12 gauge shells around.
    [​IMG]

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Did any one see the TV show "it takes a thief"?
    These guys were in and out in under 6 minutes, if there was an alarm then it was around 3 minutes.

Sound like these guys that get caught are staying at the crime scene way too long like at least a half hour. Might be because they are stupid or are steeling from poor people since they are checking "all the pockets on clothes hung in the closet" or "searching inside boxes of cereal".

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Alternatively, the ones who are in and out under 6 mins know what they are looking for, are targeting specific items rather than randomly looking for items of value, or already know where what they are looking is to be found.

The longer a perp is on the premises, the greater the probability of detection becomes.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The guys that are in and out in 6 minutes were not targeting anything specific. They watched people who have nice homes in the nice part of town.
    They were looking for specific kind of people. The kind of people who had nice stuff and little to no security.

sec_monkey likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. fl4848
  5. Motomom34
  6. Ganado
  7. Motomom34
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Coyote Ridge