How to catch and cook giant frogs in the jungle

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melvin west, Jul 5, 2018.

1. melvin west

melvin west Monkey

The fruit of these species is cultivated and eaten as a vegetable. The fruit must be harvested at a young stage of development to be edible. The vegetable is popular in India, China and Vietnam. When the fruit is fully ripened, it is very fibrous. Various dishes of gilki are prepared in India and eaten. The fully developed fruit is the source of the loofah scrubbing sponge which is used in bathrooms and kitchens.

They usually plant Luffa gourd every year. The plants would bloom many flowers and produce lots of fruits. They typically cook them in many different ways: making soup, stir frying, steaming,…and sometimes, they use up all the male flowers to make soups with meat; it tastes pretty good. In this recipes, Luffa Soup with Shrimp Balls, Luffa gourd is really tasty and fresh when it is combined with shrimps and green onions.

Frogs are flesh-eating frogs, toads, which are considered nutritious dishes and are traditionally served in many culinary cultures such as Kerala, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Alentejo region. in Portugal, Spain, Slovenia, northwestern Greece, northeastern Italy and south of the United States. Flesh is good and nutritious, especially the thighs.

Frog meat is white, lean, delicious like chicken. Frog meat is soft, sweet, with strong taste, occasionally soaked, aromatic, tasty, long-tasting vinegar. In flesh rich in nutrients, it has a lot of protein, fat, sugar, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, selenium, vitamin A, group B vitamins, biotin, carotene. Specific analysis of the dog found: in 100g frog has 75g of water, 20g of protit, 1.1g of lipid, 3.9g of ash, 22 mg of calcium, 159 mg of phosphorus, 1.3 mg of iron, 0.04 mg of vitamin B1, 0 , 22 mg vitamin B12, 2.1 mg vitamin PP ... give the body about 92kcal.

Luffa soup with frogs is a tasty dish. Check out this video to see how to cook this dish!

Hope this helps!

Hanzo likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I never knew a luffa was a gourd that is grown. I always thought it came from the sea, they call it a loofah sponge.

** throwing a frog in boiling oil and splashing everyone is not very safe. They seemed to think it was funny. Strange video

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    melvin west and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Yes ma'am, it most definitely is. We have a number of vines here at the farm. They can cover other plants and trees, like Kudzu covers Georgia!

Anyway, you can break open the outer shell / skin, to find the Loofah / Luffa inside, as well as seeds inside it.

@melvin west, I've posted this question before, with no reply from you. Can you please tell me in what country your videos are made?

melvin west and Motomom34 like this.
  4. ochit

ochit Monkey+

A couple of things I dislike about the Internet and people that post one is the complete failure to take the time to fully explain a topic and other points that have impact on other general subjects nature and the natural are layered and everything exists because of water and it's interaction with soil air and chemicals we leave behind.
    The next is, one liners like dog droppings not enough information to make a informed decision or learn enough to use if and when your placed in a position to need it.

Frog legs we caught frogs and cooked like chicken legs best to cut the ligaments at the back of the knee so they do not react so much when cooked boiled frog is tasteless taste ok skewered cooked over a wood fire,

There only certain types of frogs that are edible, bull frogs, spring frogs I have heard them called leopard frogs.

[​IMG]

Toads are toxic and enedible / not edible.

[​IMG]

Though not in North America highly colored almost neon are poison even touching one or it hopping on you. can cause violent illness and probably death.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    melvin west and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I barbecue mine on da pit.
    When the low calf pops loose its done!!!

ochit and melvin west like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

A gorgeous spot for a bit of lunch and a dip!

Gator 45/70, ochit and melvin west like this.
  7. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

FB11D847-EA2F-4DC6-9234-BFDA637E34C1.

Gator 45/70, ochit and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I am a bad man..... but that looks about as appealing as bucket of puke :)

Gator 45/70, Asia-Off-Grid and ochit like this.
  9. Asia-Off-Grid

Oh, I see. So, @melvin west wishes to basically SPAM the forum with his videos, but does not wish to partake in any of his threads, otherwise.

Thanks for that. I won't bother loading any further threads from this guy. I will add him to my ignore list, as well.

For me, a big part of being a member of a forum, is to be interactive with the other members. Mr. Melvin, having posted 9 video topics, has a combined 9 total posts on the site. So, that makes him nothing more than a SPAMMER, in hopes of generating views for his videos.

ochit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Interesting thought. I wonder how he gains from that unless the host pays him per view. Other than that, there aren't many monkeys that live in jungle like conditions, tho' there are a few. Those few might gain some insights and useful knowledge from the vids. My objection is limited to his failure to answer questions.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

More views, more interactions (thumbs up or down, as well as sharing), means higher ranking videos.

In my opinion, he could at least have the decency to answer questions. I would be happy even with an "I would rather not say". But, to completely ignore a query is just down right rude.

Gator 45/70, Thunder5Ranch and ghrit like this.
  12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Any questions ?

Gator 45/70 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  13. Asia-Off-Grid

No questions. But, thanks for the video!

We are expecting a few calves to be born over the next month or so. I thought they would have been born already (June). But, I guess our estimates were off a bit.

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7