How Will They Confiscate Your Guns?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"You should get a job, as a government propagandist... " you do not consider this an affront? In this company, and this administration? I would clearly consider it so.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

EZ does it, gents.

3. kellory

Relax, @ghrit . no harm no foul. I am at ease, sir.;)

4. bagpiper

bagpiper Heretic

If an apology is due to the mods, it is so given... although, for the life of me, I can't figure out why?
    ;)

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

All I have to say is, WTF, Over. If some people here can't take criticism then $&@+'em.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Georgia_Boy, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  6. kellory

You suggested I should go to work for a government administration that I dispise, as corrupt, and self serving. That would, in itself be insulting, but read you comment entire, and you imply I already do. That IS insulting. (As it was intended)
    However, it did not rise to the level of needing intervention.
    It was personal, as all insults are, but let it go. I have.

Georgia_Boy and BTPost like this.
  7. bagpiper

bagpiper Heretic

uh huh.
    Maybe its one of your taglines, you seem to be very sensitive about it... and sensitivity is unbecoming for a supposed 'Galtist'...

8. kellory

Really? Perhaps "I have received NO secret government orders. (Watch for this notice to be removed)"?First Amendment - Operation Prisim..apping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, | Page 2 | Survival Forums
    Perhaps it was the Rand quote?
    A moral compass / ethical lodestone | Survival Forums

kellory
    An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool.
    1. Jean-Paul Sartre (100%)  More Info
     2. Ayn Rand (95%)  More Info
     3. Immanuel Kant (81%)  More Info
     4. Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (80%) 
    Or perhaps...
    "Patents are not evil, profit is not a dirty word, providing for your family's future is not a sin, and what is mine is not your's just because you want it. Kellory" (if you can find a pro government sentiment in this, you are more twisted than an Irish walking stick)
    Or perhaps, you simply said something insulting, with the intent to wound?
    Now.... Using Occam's razor, which is the most likely?
    (Strictly for scientific curiosity, mind you, for as I've said, I've already dropped the issue)[contract]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Drop the back and forth game....take it to a PM.....
    [pirate]

Brokor, Ganado, Sapper John and 3 others like this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Thru our kids.

11. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Interesting thread. I have my own Ideas as to the effectiveness of Government taking anyone guns. One look at the Bundy Standoff should tell ALL of you how really inept they are. A few cowboys and Militia stood against the Federal government and backed them down. Why did they back down???? That question has been answered. They were afraid it was going to escalate. And it was going to escalate. We the people will not wait for them to come to our doors, we will come to yours to help you repel them. Lots of people came to the Bundy ranch. There will never again be another Ruby Ridge where a just man is attacked by corrupt Government forces without other good men stepping up. The course is clear. They are taking NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

There is not enough federal manpower to disarm America. It's a war the government will lose if they try. They should realize we have been getting ready for the confrontation for seven years now.

13. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

This would only apply to firearms you bought from a dealer or from a private citizen where you gave them your info for their records, and even that isn't proof that you still own that firearm. Currently there is not, and never has been, a federal requirement for private citizens (those "not in the business") to keep any kind of records on their private sales or purchases. I don't have to give you a bill of sale, nor do you need to provide me with one. Until they change that, (or you live in a state or city that already has record-keeping requirements for private citizens) they cannot prove that you still own a firearm even if they have records of your purchase. This is why they are so big on closing the "gun show loophole"...they want to make sure that private citizens have the same record keeping and background check requirements as dealers when buying and selling firearms.

That said...just because they can't prove it, of course they will attempt to put the burden of proof on you that you sold or disposed of the firearm...and will use all kinds of data to buttress their claims of what you own. You could have never, ever, done paperwork for a firearm purchase, but you may have a paper trail of ammunition or accessory purchases...especially if you used a credit card. Indeed, this is why they are pushing for permits and recording of ammo purchases, so even if you use cash, your purchase is recorded.

Finally, there is my old favorite issue of carry permits. If you have a permit, you have already registered yourself as a firearms owner in exchange for the privilege of carrying your firearm...you'll be first on the list if it ever comes to any kind of confiscation, not to mention harassment via insurance, where you either have to pay higher premiums or cannot get coverage at all for medical, homeowners or even auto insurance because you own a firearm.

Nice thought, but it still happens every single day. Part of the problem is most times we either can't come to someone's aid because we only learn of the arrest after-the-fact, or we know of it and don't feel like getting off our okoles to come to their aid due to an entire litany of excuses...including the fact that the victim may not be "one of us", if you know what I mean. "First they came for the..." applies.

I'll be more confident that I might be aided by my friends and neighbors when I start seeing cops engaged in no-knock raids getting incoming fire from snipers...but I am not holding my breath.

Only seven? Dood, ur way late! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    kellory, oldawg and Tully Mars like this.
  14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Not to date myself; however, some of us bought AP legally. :LOL:

Yard Dart, Tully Mars and oldawg like this.
  15. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Never worried about it until I started hearing the Constitution was a living document, out of date, no longer relevant, etc.

16. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

_20150924_205916.JPG

17. bagpiper

bagpiper Heretic

IF WE ASSUME;
    "...a free government exalts an armed people, but oligarchies and tyrants mistrust the people and therefore deprive
    them of their arms.’"

- Aristotle, POLITICS 218 (J. Sinclair trans., 1962)]:

AND WE SEE;
    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
    --Friedrich Nietzsche

THEN WE ARE;
    "Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to
    slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved
    from any further obedience.”

-- John Locke

FROM THE SPIRITUAL CONSEQUENCES;
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    -Dante

THUS;
    "All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmund Burke

18. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

People did come to Bundy's aid. That is my point. You need only publicity to bring patriots.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Very true. Unfortunately for us, the internet is going to be tightly controlled soon enough if the .Gov enterprise has its way. The web has already cost the NWO 15 years off their game plan --they will not sit by for too much longer.

I envision a cyber attack that will cause millions to lose private data and shut down internet use on smart phones. Imagine the fear of the zombies, then. Whatever it may be, the "solution" will undoubtedly be providing the .Gov with the keys to the universe, per usual.

Yard Dart, Tully Mars and Mountainman like this.
  20. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

My point is that there are many others that don't get publicity until after the raid has been completed and they are in jail, their property destroyed and confiscated...and in some cases where there is publicity, many let their prejudices act as excuses NOT to come to their aid.

Example...if you got word that the ATF was going to conduct a no-knock raid to confiscate firearms of a Black Muslim Gay man down the road because he didn't pay his water bill....would you stand with him, publicly, risking jail or a firefight? Do you think as many people would have turned out for Cliven had he been an overt Muslim?

I'm not saying that you hate blacks or muslims or gays, I'm just using this as an example of the many excuses people have for not coming to the aid of their neighbors when johnny law comes a no-knockin. To the government, Cliven Bundy and a few others were the exception, not the rule. Until stand-offs like Bundy become the rule, rather than the exception, government's only take-away from those exceptions is that they need to do a better job preparing the battlefield with propaganda, spin and disinformation.

Mountainman, Tully Mars and kellory like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Matei
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. hot diggity
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Dont
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Oddcaliber
  12. Yard Dart