How Will You Hunt (shtf) Re: Quiet Weapons?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Kathy in WV, Jul 17, 2012.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

While getting into position for a deer drive, I knock off rabbits and squirrels, that believe only the deer are at risk. I am amazed how many times, rabbits will pop up right in front of me, while stalking in. So, shot gun is slung over my back, and the slingshot is ready. Being too slow to qualify as a fire arm, it does not violate the one weapon rule when deer hunting. (stupid rule)

2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

For round ammo a possible source would be hit up some auto, truck and tractor repair shops for large size wheel and shaft bearings. Skip the roller bearings. If sealed, it can usually be popped free with a screw driver. Then there is a retainer that keeps the balls spaced uniformly apart. Some are plastic and can be popped free. Some are metal with a front and back half that are spot welded together. Use a drill and drill out the spots and the ball retainer should separate and come out. Now the balls can all be pushed together allowing the inner race to shift to one side and the balls removed.

Have fun.
    AT

hedger likes this.
  3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Just to be clear get their old bearings at the shops they had replaced and were discarding.
    AT

4. cranky1

cranky1 Monkey++

why not just gather the materials to assemble a supressor to use when needed. if shtf who cares about legalities.

5. padkychas

padkychas Monkey+++

some reload with a small amount of very fast powder, that has very little pop when shot> found on the net "I load a .223 down to 2600 FPS or so with roughly 12 grains of Blue Dot behind a 40 grain Vmax. I've used this load to shoot varmints out of a bedroom window without waking sleeping children in the house. It's pretty quiet and gives 1 MOA accuracy, so it should be good to 200 yards. "

6. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Wild Dogs Blamed for 4 Deaths in Mexico City

Local photos point to abandoned domestic animals
    embed2.
    (Newser) – Wild dogs have killed four people in a Mexico City park, officials say. Locals discovered the partially-eaten bodies of a 26-year-old woman, missing an arm, and a 1-year-old boy in the Cerro de la Estrella in late December, the AP reports. Last week, people visiting the park, set in a densely-populated, low-income area, found the body of a 15-year-old girl and her 16-year-old boyfriend. Authorities said all the victims had bled to death. "Experts have established that due to the gravity of the wounds, at least 10 dogs were involved in each attack," prosecutors said.
    The teenage girl reportedly called her sister for help before the call cut off. Her sister wants an investigation, saying she doesn't believe dogs were behind the attack. "What kind of dog can tear the skin from your whole arm and leave just bone, and if it was an attack dog why didn't it attack her neck?" A street dog advocate agrees, saying it's unlikely that dogs are to blame. In local newspaper pictures, the dogs look domestic; abandoned dogs may be forming packs nearby. Some 100 police are rounding up dogs in the park and testing them for human blood.

916488-6-20130108053345. embed2. 916488-6-20130108053345.

chelloveck likes this.
  7. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

So the wild dogs sounds like a very legit need for a 30 round magazine. Just thinkin....

AT

tulianr likes this.
  8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Well,feral dogs won't be a problem in Korea seems like...

tulianr likes this.
  9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Cold Steel Boar Spear.

1. AgentPickle
  2. Gator 45/70
  3. Alanaana
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Pig

It was the 1st hog I caught in my snare!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 14, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Alanaana
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner
  13. Thunder5Ranch
  14. plumberroy
  15. Coyote Ridge
  16. hitchcock4
  17. john316
  18. Motomom34