How's this angle?

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by _abelvin, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. _abelvin

_abelvin Monkey

I tried to make it look like a pine tree type Camo.

Snapchat-8029833355559857466.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Well, not to be picky because overall you have the gist, but don't put green where there isn't natural green. The surrounding area is devoid of evergreen except where your shelter is. Not trying is diss ya.

kellory likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Agreed, camo works best when you don't even know it is there. (Much like a woman's makeup. If you can see it without looking for it, it's too much.)
    Also remember that pine needles burn very well and fast. So do leaves. Be very careful with your fire.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Considering this is your first hasty shelter, as you mentioned in the other thread.... well done @_abelvin !!!
    As you practice, you will get faster at construction of the shelter, better at camouflage and site placement.....
    Better to practice these techniques now and learn, than to try and "figure" it out when your life may depend on it.
    Great job sir!! [chopper]

kellory likes this.
  5. _abelvin

_abelvin Monkey

Thank you my good man

Yeah I understand, but it's kind of the only option I had, I only live on a 10 acre plot and I really didn't have much to work with.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @_abelvin. I agree with the other guys' comments. My first thought on the first close up was how is it with regards to runoff. But you say it is good, so good enough for me.

As for the camo, I think all dry leaves like the rest of the area would be more effective than with green. But it is a good looking shelter. How warm are you in it and how well does it shed rain?

1. chelloveck
  2. chelloveck
  3. chelloveck
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Aspiring_Caveman
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. Dunerunner
  9. DKR
  10. AxesAreBetter
  11. The_Prepared
  12. sdr