Hurricane Florence headed to the East Coast

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Dunerunner, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hams, here's some scoop that might be useful to you. -
    EMCOMMS for Flo

Gator 45/70, oldman11, BTPost and 3 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Georgia's governor has declared a state of emergency on Wednesday for all Georgia counties as Hurricane Florence nears certain parts of the state.

Based on the 11 a.m. forecast and and acting on a recommendation from Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency (GEMA/HS) officials, Gov. Nathan Deal issued an emergency declaration for all 159 counties in Georgia.
    Governor Deal declares state of emergency for all Georgia counties ahead of Hurricane Florence

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Breeze started to pick up about 11:00. It's like a ghost town here. The only folks that are staying are long term residents that I've known for 20-30 years. Everything is secured and I will dig out the ends of culvert in the morning so less water will go over the driveway. There's a conspicuous police presence in town, but out in the county it's just really quiet. We make our final checks on neighbors by noon tomorrow. Then I put the hip waders by my chair, the PMR30 on my hip, and settle in to read for a couple days.

This material will be on the final exam.... You will not be graded on a curve.

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

5. hot diggity

Thanks. :)

Not expecting much more excitement than usual, but it might go on long enough to get a little tedious.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and oldman11 like this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Latest and greatest shows 90 mph winds later this afternoon, 20+ inches of rain and flooding to exceed Floyd... biggest issue is walking the dog... he has short legs...:whistle:

upload_2018-9-13_9-29-32.

8. Witch Doctor 01

Bigger Issue... we trained him not to pee in the pool.....;)

STANGF150, sec_monkey, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  9. Witch Doctor 01

Just remember...

[​IMG]

john316, oldman11, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey DL, Now that you have the key to the Exec Washroom, how is your outfit getting ready for the storm? Just wondering....

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've always found fishing to be better after a cane passed?

john316, oldman11, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  12. hot diggity

20180912_174856_1536852745099.
    Surf's up! Ten footers at the EI pier last night. Bridge is closed now, so I can't get back on the island... even if I wanted to.

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Here is a youtube that is streaming live:

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. sec_monkey

update

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. sec_monkey

update

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. sec_monkey

live video explore dot org / Cape Fear, NC

Warning this is real loud

VisuTrac likes this.
  17. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I feel you, I was born down east. Used to live in Atlantic Beach. Always hated to evacuate. I never knew what I would come back to.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  18. sec_monkey

augmented reality .. computer generated flooding from the weather channel ..

19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I think Americans have grown to LOVE not only their own enslavement, but they also LOVE to be afraid.

And that makes it good for business. I watched a group of fat people just LOCKED to the television at work last night. They LOVED every last second of the media reporting on the event. They were just sitting there, shoving potato chips into their faces, crumbs falling all over, eyes GLUED to the screen the entire time, absolutely HYPNOTIZED and in pure BLISS. And we've got days more of this to look forward to, plenty of "entertainment", in full surround sound, so stock up on those snacks.

Sickening. It's just a storm. It will bring flooding. We will go on.

And I have NO DOUBT this is exactly what we will find in any real societal upheaval. The entire country could be in complete pandemonium, from nuke attacks to EMP, pick your poison. And I am willing to bet, the couch potato army will be glued to their televisions.

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The NEWS Folks have to have SOMETHING to sesationalize, each and EVERY day, or they just are not doing what they think their Job is...The more people they can scare, the higher they think of themselves... if it was otherwise, why would they spend an Hour or two following some JackA$$ around the SoCal Freeways every night with a Couple of choppers that cost $1000 per Hour to operate? They hope to film a LEO Shooting or spectacular CRASH, at the end of the chase... OR tell the whole world about some other JackWagon who shot his wife, kids, neighbors, and then blew his own Brains out... because he didn’t get a Toy in his Happy Meal.....

Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. sec_monkey
  2. sec_monkey
  3. Gator 45/70
  4. john316
  5. Tempstar
  6. Seawolf1090
  7. hot diggity
  8. Witch Doctor 01
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Motomom34
  11. Ura-Ki