Hurricane Harvey check....

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Witch Doctor 01, Aug 27, 2017.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Stay safe T.

T. Riley and Dunerunner like this.
  2. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

This is my step daughter's, step mom's, ex-husband's (got that?) place close to Beaumont. Gator Country. This is their feature attraction. He was in the back of a toy hauler due to the rising water. Just got an email from my daughter in Santa Fe. She has had 52 inches of rain since Saturday.
    big tex.
    Here's a little better pic of Big Tex and his cozy situation...gotta love this gentle giant! For those who have not seen the previous picture...Big Tex decided he would break down the inside door (not outside) and find his self to the sleeping quarters! FYI...he cannot get out of the trailer...Gator Country.

3. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

My family and I are all safe. No flooding. Many friends and family are not as fortunate. The town I live in is completely cut off as is the golden triangle; Beaumont, Port Authur and Orange Texas. Nothing in or out except by helicopter. The largest refinery in the US is shut down so you will feel our pain, sad to say. Damage estimates are in excess of 160 billion making Harvey the most expensive natural disaster in American history. Few know the 1900 hurricane that hit Galveston claimed in excess of 8,000 lives. Texas now holds the dubious record of being home to the two worst natural disasters in American history.

Cruisin Sloth, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers continue for the hundreds of thousand displaced by this disaster.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    Now the real looting can begin. White men in dress pants and shirts or three piece suits will defraud the federal government, insurance companies and citizens out of billions in false claims or shoddy, unnecessary or nonexistent repair work. Some will make millions undeserved and no one will do a damn thing about it. Plaintiff lawyers are already packing their briefcases and will compound the cost with $500 an hour fees to "get you what you deserve". Insurance premiums across the nation will increase because of the greed and dishonesty of these carpet baggers. All a part of the rotten morality that has become common in America.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  6. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image. image.
    Only way in to where I am now except by air.
    image.
    120,000 without water in Jefferson County.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

What a mess. This will take a monumental effort just to keep people alive. Prayers....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    I wonder if pig damage to your roof is covered by home owners or flood policies? Near me. Owner put him on the roof when he had to leave due to rising water. The pig was later rescued with a jet ski.

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm up on
    I'm up on Toledo today, Highest I've seen it since last August

T. Riley likes this.
  10. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    Common sight over East Texas right now.

11. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Crewed on both of them T. Riley. In my younger years watched them fly away with folks going to a better place than what I was left with. If you decide to let it beat you down it will, if you decide to survive in spite of it, you have a fighting chance. JMHO.

12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    The looters beat the hurricane to some areas. He's the High Sheriff of Fort Bend County west of Houston.

13. M118LR

Looters come to steal stuff, what do folks with no home, clothes, food, or water have to offer a looter? It will be the for profit insurance companies, and other mega businesses that plunder and prey upon the Good hard working folks in Texas. JMHO.

Cruisin Sloth and T. Riley like this.
  14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Jewelry, guns, PM's... silverware... the few dry items that were stored before the flood.... It doesn't matter they will tear up things just because....

15. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

losses to looters is nothing compared to what white guys in suits will steal from all of us. Harvey fraud will be in the billions.

16. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    Who?

M118LR and oldawg like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Austin, Tear down that statue.

Makes me want to run out and loot and stuff!!!

T. Riley likes this.
  18. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

One of the greatest bluesmen of all time. SRV.

T. Riley, Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    Something you don't see every day. In Vidor, Texas today and they are welcomed by all.

Gator 45/70, M118LR and Dunerunner like this.
  20. M118LR

There does come a time when Brutal Honesty is required.
    I must admit that the only place I like in Texas is smack dab in the center, that way any step I take is leaving. LOL
    But the Good Folks of Texas have always done right by Service Members in my experience.
    Ain't nothing unusual in this neck of the woods.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7