Hurricane tornado disaster resist door.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oil pan 4, Sep 12, 2017.

1. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

Yeah, tell me about it.Years ago I was a locator, the guy who comes out and marks underground utilities before you dig. My work area encompassed a lot of sprawling new subdivisions, ie; new construction. Now my father was a carpenter of the highest order and was a perfectionist. He always taught me that you do things right the first time and they last. Knowing what I did , I was always amazed when i would watch these "new $300,000.00 homes" being thrown up in a couple of weeks! Prefab wood frames with pink foam board sheeting, with only particle board stiffeners on the corners. Tyvex sheeting over the pink board, and then finished on the exterior with vinyl siding. Finished off with drywall on the inside. As you stated above these homes were anything but secure dwellings. Anybody with a screwdriver or claw hammer can pull down and penetrate any one of these "modern built homes in a matter of minuets. The sad part is that most people have now idea that their homes can be so vulnerable!

SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Exactly. You could probably kick thru the wall quicker than you could kick open the door. People don't have a clue. A buddy of mine one time got a call to come out to do some cabinet repairs on her 300,000 dollar home. The home was less than 5 years old. He gave her the repair quote, and he said the lady started complaining about the price. He told her , you didn't complain about paying 300,000 dollars for a half assed built house , but your going to bitch about my price to fix your 5 year old 300,000 home. Why didn't you make sure your builder did quality work.

sec_monkey likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

People want 3 things in a new house.
    They want square footage, they want it put up impossibly fast and built by the lowest bidder.

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Brickhouse versus fission device.
    Operation teapot apple 2.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Isn’t it amazing how many of the vehicles are NOT still in the pictures after the flash, but before the shockwave????? Hmmm... Apparently the just vaperized in the Flash.... NOT....

Tully Mars likes this.
  1. Ganado
  2. HK_User
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. Motomom34
  6. BelBol
  7. Bishop
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Seacowboys