Hypothetical: Could N. Korea Nukes Reach State of Washington & How Far Could Radiation Spread Is LA

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 3, 2017.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I was referring to a Face To Face meet.

Brokor and Ganado like this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

ya cannot assume that ya will be able to fly out of LAX

the CSIS plus the heritage maps posted yesterday reflect some of the best info publicly available as of the time of publication, however there have been new developments since

ya cannot underestimate the fat boy plus his allies

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Because of the limited number of devices they have and the relatively small size, you are probably more in danger of the panicking herd than from the devices themselves - at least initially.

Ura-Ki, Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

All the hand wringing and off the wall questions posed in this thread, this one is the most accurate assessment. "Initially" will be all there is unless the fat boy has allies that are as paranoid and insane/idiotic as he.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. sec_monkey

@3M-TA3 beat me to it

the stampede to get outta town may kill more than an initial strike would

they have about 30-60 now plus they can build about 15-30 per year, perhaps more

each can kill about 500,000 to 1,000,000 folks if delivered successfully, depending on population density plus other factors

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

SO, lets break down some misconceptions. Any fall out from a low yield blast along the PNW will likely ether stay with in the PNW, or move east to Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and maybe Montana and Wyoming, NOT south ( because of how the Jet stream functions) even a hit to Vancouver B.C. would likely only bring trace amounts south as far as northern Oregon! California would be safe!
    The range of NK's ballistic missile systems is an unknown, its really all about payload and getting it where you want it, not whether or not he has the capability, he HAS that capability with his missiles, and so far as any one can tell, all he is lacking is payload. The current testing is of the latest gen system which would give him the ability to hold any one of the serious players at risk, thus giving him a big piece in the world power game!
    Yield! Again, estimates put him at some where under 6 M.T. with what is believed he has, most experts in the field believe he is closer to 10 M.T. which is enough to flatten a city like Seattle or a large chunk of L.A.
    Capability! How the weapon is delivered and detonated! Even at 10 M.T. damage would be limited if it were a ground impact detonation, an air burst could expand exponentially, thusly increasing the blast radius and the resulting damage. Navigation is another of his problems for now, but it's just a matter of time before that gets figured out!
    It is assumed ( incorrectly) that he is operating at about WW-2 Levels of deployment or just post, fact is, he is closer to what Russia was capable of in the mid 80's as far as ballistic capabilities, and sub launch is only a question of the sub system it self, not the weapon, and as we have sen, his subs are not big enough and lack the capability of carrying out such a launch ( For Now) his subs are of local design, not based on any existing designs from Russia or Chinese modifications from the Russian sales of Alfa Class subs to china ( who are unable to maintain a working fleet) so NK is operating at a Mid 50's level of sub capabilities! Remember, these are Diesel Subs, and they need to snort every 10 to 18 hours at best, and that makes them noisy as hell! Tracking any number of his subs would be a seaman apprentice's starting course in sub tracking!!!

Cruisin Sloth and sec_monkey like this.
  7. sec_monkey

yep

the fat boy has about 30-60 nukes now [ specs unknown could be KT or MT or .. ] , however folks forget that he has tons of chemical plus biological weapons too

chemical plus biological weapons can be delivered by a long range missile much more easily than a nuke

they are believed to have hundreds of chemical weapons that can go on missiles with a 5,000-9,000 mile range, plus perhaps thousands of chemical artillery shells

a combined nuke plus chemical attack could do a lot of damage

the fat boy and his allies have to go, no deal is gonna stop em

Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Good point Sec. a full blown N.B.C. attack could do A LOT of DAMAGE, and be very hard to cope with after! Well with in Fatty's capabilities!

Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  9. sec_monkey

The US House has just passed a new sanctions bill this afternoon. #RealNews

10. sec_monkey

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

And you know I would do that anytime!!! [campfire]

Tully Mars likes this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm not worried about NK firing a missile in the slightest.
    Seriously. Not one bit.

I do however worry a little more, that they might be willing to use an interested third party to smuggle a nuke into our territory. But it's not enough to keep me up at night worrying. Because .. if they decide to do it. There isn't a darn thing I can do about it.

I'm more concerned about the upcoming tornado season.

Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I know enough to realize that Radiation wouldn't reach Los Angeles for quite a while and most people wouldn't be of the mindset they need to leave right away. Hence airlines will be running as business as usual with demand not significantly higher at that point. Or am I wrong?

14. sec_monkey

in a national emergency the airlines could be grounded or activated to assist the US Military

there is zero guarantee they will be able to continue to operate normal commercial flights

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think you are depending on a wet weather air burst with favorable winds. Suppose it is a ground burst in unusually dry weather with a strong wind out of the north. Then you get radioactive dust in your apartment. Ed, it is past time for you to do something beside dream up questions that have no answers other than off the wall guesses. How about some possibly useful contributions to existing threads?

sec_monkey likes this.
  16. sec_monkey

in 2001 all airlines foreign and domestic were grounded and zero airline flights were allowed for 3 days**

VisuTrac and Tully Mars like this.
  17. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

To my thinking any allies 'ol shovel face may have in this would be from the M.E. I think a deal was already cut with the Chi-Coms down in Florida a couple weeks back. China may make a bit of noise to save face, but will let Shovel Face get disposed of and reap the bennies. Make no mistake, he's crazy enough to launch if/when he thinks he has a chance of success. I believe their nuke program is farther along than .gov wants us to know. Delivery is his main problem and I'm sure we've had a hand in those problems, but sooner rather than later I believe they will get around those problems. Lets face it, the tech is out there. All SF has to do is find a willing seller. I don't really see a chem attack on the CONUS, but I could see him possibly launching one below the 38th parallel.
    Any way you spin it, time is of the essence. Some people in this world simply need to die, he is one and sooner is better than later in this case.

sec_monkey likes this.
  18. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

That is a good point. Does anyone have an objection if I start a separate page what happens to the rest of the US if one State is nuked in terms of does the Government take over and Shuts down the rest of the US? I admit I'm clueless but want to hear what the rest of you think. I know after 9-11 they shut down the airlines for a few days.

hitchcock4 likes this.
  19. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Well I totally disagree with you. I obviously have a different mindset than you. This isn't mean as an insult but I was raised in New York City in the 1960/70's and you needed a certain mindset to survive there which I don't think you would in regards to New York City. New Yorkers strive for information, the more information you gather the more you have an upper hand on a situation however unlikely it is to happen. I post questions for situations that however unlikely could happen and I like to hear other peoples ideas/viewpoints because they may change my way of thinking and cause me to formulate different approaches to situations based on their input. I don't dwell on these scenarios but at least if they occur, I have a rough course of action I would follow which is better than winging it. As far as contributions to other threads, that's a good point and I'll try to do more as applicable.

20. sec_monkey

Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7