Hypothetical: Could N. Korea Nukes Reach State of Washington & How Far Could Radiation Spread Is LA

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 3, 2017.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Funny how things turn out. I worked in Manhattan for a couple years in the 60s. Hated it. Left two jumps ahead of the draft board.

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Hey I left New York City in 1977. It was great to be raised there and I loved all the great food there but I couldn't deal with living in NY as an adult, it was too stressful. It was great to be a kid and a teenager growing up in NY but that type of lifestyle of always worrying about people trying to constantly get the better of you and the threat of random violence for no reason wasn't for me.

3. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Nah, sorry!

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

nothin wrong with that :)

there are a few post-apocalypse simulators a.k.a. games that can provide various scenarios of what could happen, and that can get ya thinkin

the military uses simulators plus perhaps games for training :)

yer current AO has a boatload of risks, are ya willin and able to relocate as other monkeys have suggested? :)

if the fat boy does not nuke CA first, natural disasters might do about as much damage as a small or larger nuke would :(

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

How easy would it be to hit the U.S.? REAL EASY. Scud launched out of a shipping container a few miles off shore. No time to shoot it down.

3M-TA3 and Homer Simpson like this.
  6. Prepper12

Prepper12 Monkey+

Or even a submarine. I've heard that NK has been doing some testing of those. With a sub, there's no need to use ICBMs. The sub carries it most of the way, and then all they'd need is a short range missile to do the rest. Or in the case of a shipping container, almost nothing more is needed.

7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

If they tried to get a sub close to our shores we would zero it with our own subs and they would know we know. I dont fear that scenario as much as a shipping container attack or a suitcase bio weapon. We just cant screen those incoming containers of globalism. We track everyone's subs now. We know what they have and where it is. However they could build a shipping container into a launch pad in a sealed building and send it . That is a much more difficult attack to intercept.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There subs are VERY Noisy, and our Pacific Ocean SOSUS Net would hear them, Track them, and have one of our Hunter/Killer Nuke Boats, turn them into Scrap Metal on the Ocean Floor, long before they could get into range.... OPPS, Did you have a Sub operating in the eastern Pacific? Hmmm, and it just failed to check in, and disappeared.... Gee... Tough Luck... Fat Boy....

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yes, I am quoting myself but I found that I am not the only one to wonder or speculate about NK's satellites.
    EXCLUSIVE - Congressional Expert: North Korea Prepping EMP Catastrophe Aimed At U.S. Homefront

Yard Dart, 3M-TA3 and ED GEiN like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Might be time to put some comms gear in an old microwave. I hope every single smart phone gets fried so people will actually have to start seeing what's actually around them. Other than disrupting civilian comms (including wireless computing devices ) it isn't likely to affect much let alone military equipment that's already hardened for EMP.

Stupidest move Kim Ding Dong could make. When his Dr. Evil death ray fails he will wind up sealed under an extra 20 feet of fresh concrete in his bunker.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No NOT concrete, Fused Glass....

sec_monkey likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My scenario (which took a lot of mixed drinks to develop) is the following:
    1. EMP sats trigered. Large failure rate, but significant damage to iPhone and Android devices.
    2. Korean ICBM's perform as well on launch pad as they did during testing.
    3. Kim Fat Son hides in luxury bunker eating gourmet food leaving peasants up top to deal with aftermath
    4. We drop leaflets all over North Korea along with McDonalds supersize meals.
    5. Peasants digestive systems unable to deal with massive amounts of fat and carbohydrates and fall asleep. Country is now disarmed.
    6. Second wave of B-52's drop concrete over bunker - no need to use nukes and further harm the peasants the Kim dynasty has been exploiting for 70 years.
    7. Peasants wake up from sugar coma now free. New Dictator takes control. China smirks "Donard Tlump we terr you so".
    8. Kim Now Thin eventually starves to death when his food runs out.
    9. Apple and Samsung stock immediately double after EMP due to new production demands for product
    10. Average IQ of millennials double in less than half a week.

Ganado, Yard Dart, VisuTrac and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7