I am designing a Card Game about Prepping (thoughts?)

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Jordan Goddard, Jul 29, 2014.

1. One of the hardest parts of being a "prepper" (and I don't really like that term) is getting your friends and family on board. It is hard to get your wife and kids to care, much less get excited about preparedness.

So I started designing a card game that would educate while having fun!
    It isn't for sale yet, I am just hoping to get some feedback!

Here is a quick video

Thanks
    Jordan Goddrad

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Jordan, looks like you're off to a good start. Good Luck.

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Looks interesting and would be good to use on family/friend that are not preppers to possibly wake them up.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I'd create a Monopoly type game board to go with the cards. Each player rolls the dice and you circle the board encountering dangers which you must overcome with the cards you drew at the beginning of the game. Upon passing GO, your Bug Out Location; the player draws two more cards. You may encounter bandits, health hazards, have to overnight in the wilderness, have to construct a shelter, etc. There should be loss of turn penalties for not having the right cards to circumvent the encounter, and you should also be able to land on friendly spaces that allow you to draw from a Geo Stash and acquire ammunition, food, water, essential equipment, etc. The player that is left alive wins......

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Make sure you include Kentucky.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7