I am Legend... (aka "I am overly dependent on CGI")

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by SeptemberMage, Mar 29, 2008.

1. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

Ok I watched I am Legend. What a disappointment. This movie could have been a classic. Will Smith was great, the story is a classic, the sets and scenery were great... But then, like the worst scene of the Hulk ,CGI showed up to ruin the whole movie. (I mean the awful 2003 film version)

I knew it was going to be bad when the Lion King showed up... are there no real lions in the world with which they could have shot a similar scene? Ok, The CGI lions looked bad (I half expected Timone and Pumba to come out singing Hakuna Matata) But the Lion King cameo wasn't enough to kill it.

About halfway through the movie it felt like I was watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit. wtf? Is there a shortage of latex and make-up for extras in hollywood?, or was the world population in this movie decimated by the Toon Town Virus???

One last rant... Did the Toon Town Virus also destroy the laws of physics?

So much potential in this movie, and they just had to blow it with CGI.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

This movie deserves it's own thread on the forum..... you should repost this blog there.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The lions and the deer were especially awful. The alternate ending version in the DVD was a lot better than what was shown in the movie.

4. nightshade7206

nightshade7206 Monkey+++

I still liked the movie.
    I was on the edge of my seat. [shiz]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7