I just tried...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

AS you can imagine, we are sorting thru our chow preps.

Today, for fun, I tried a (microwave cup) of Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice with a Starkist Chicken Creations Lemon Chicken packet..

Mixed the chicken in with the rice. Oddly, perhaps, the flavors complimented each other and made for a nice and fast lunch.

These items have a long shelf life and will make for a great work lunch as they will both easily fit into a desk drawer.

Since I'm back to working in Cubeville, it's nice to have a meal or two tucked away that can be heated quickly and are Chow that you know taste good. Nothing against vending machines, but for a meal, I'll take a pass....

Now I have to try some lemon zest on my other black beans/red beans and rice meals....

sec_monkey, techsar, Merkun and 7 others like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Had a supper of garlic spaghetti sauce, tvp crumbles, and a spaghetti with veggies blended with the noodles, topped with butter and dried powdered cheese. All is relatively cheap, has a couple year shelf life, quick to make and tasted really good. The sauce and crumbles go very good with rice as well. Can add veggies and onions to sauce to extend it as well. Might not be real survival food, but a shelf in the cupboard easily holds enough of that, tuna and tuna helper, tvp crumbles, noodles, rice. etc to carry me and my wife for a couple weeks and require no more than a propane camp stove to cook it. Lot to be said for "healthy" junk food for the short run.

oldawg, sec_monkey, techsar and 4 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7