I left my carry gun on my desk.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Thunder5Ranch, May 18, 2018.

1. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

With the wisdom of hindsight (and old age) THAT is when it always happens!

Many years ago, now, I was the target of an attack by feral dogs. I was carrying; and, if I hadn't been, I very much doubt that I'd be typing this reply right now.

Back in 2008 I was on my way out of the house at around 9:00 o'clock at night; I wanted to dump the household garbage in our farm dumpster, located about 75-80 yards away. As I walked out the door carrying the black plastic garbage bag, I saw my pistol on the shelf over my desk. I was torn between just plain leaving it there, or putting down the garbage bag and walking all the way across the room to get it. What to do? What to do?

So, because I'm old enough to know better, I put down the garbage and walked across the room (and back) to pick up my pistol. Then it was off, across the field, to the dumpster. Where I walked right up on two members of an infamous New York City street gang who were busily dumping numerous 10 gallon buckets of methamphetamine manufacturing waste into our farm dumpster.

I won't bore anybody with the details of what happened next. (I've already posted, at least, twice about this event, anyway.) If it hadn't been for that pistol though, once again, I doubt that I'd be typing this reply as well. The moral of these two stories is,

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT 'BABY'! :)

Asia-Off-Grid and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You know where I live, just north of you about 400 miles... and this wasn't about ME, it WAS about SnowFlakes in cities.... If I called the State Troopers (Alaska LEOs), or USCG AirStation Sitka, (Medivac) even if he/they left as soon as I called, they would be over an HOUR away, minimum, and more likely 2-3 Hours away, if there was already a Incident/SAR in progress somewhere in their Service Area....

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Note that he at least has his trigger finger properly extended and away from where the trigger would be. We have seen anto gun Senators and Representatives handle actual weapons in session with fingers on trigger and weapon pointed at people.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Oh, there is, Ghrit... The Law of Stupid People... There is a moutain in the area called Couger Mountain... Gee, I wonder how it got it’s name? Seattle is filling up with Snowflake Idiots... who ride mountain bikes, out in the hills, outside of town....

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I think we can scratch one off the need to kill list :)

5-19.JPG

Ganado and Mountainman like this.
  8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Good job. Them yotes needed killin.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

When I moved out to the woods 25 years ago lion and coyote were the least of my problems. I ended up shooting a number for feral dogs Idiots turned loose during hunting season when they came out from the city.

Ganado likes this.
  10. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Wish those idiots could become buzzard bait since their dogs have killed many birds just for fun when they come in. Varmints just take one each time when they come in.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  11. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I live on the edge of a city of ~100,000, but still close enough to the edge, that I easily hear the coyotes at night, whenever it's nice enough weather to have the windows open.
    About 2 years ago, heading into work one morning (about half an hour before dawn), on a 4-lane divided road (center median with trees & grass), I spotted what I first thought was a stray dog, loping along in the opposite lanes (though in the same direction as I was going). Got closer, and realized it was one of our local coyotes! I slowed down a bit, for a better look, and as I passed, I swear, that sumb**ch looked over at me, as if to say, "Hey, nice morning, isn't it?" :eek::LOL:

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7