I made gas prices largely obsolete

Discussion in 'Peak Oil' started by oil pan 4, May 15, 2018.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

And just like that people are interested in electronic vehicle again.
    I think people should be more pissed that the democrats are trying to intentionally screw up oil production, trying to pick winners, make losers and shutdown parts of the free market. When they do that we all lose, well the rich do seem to get richer.

johnbb, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. FTM2 Tartar

FTM2 Tartar On Hiatus Banned

golf carts are the epitome and high-End of electric vehicles

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That aged well.
    In about 3 years we went from 7 year low to at least 7 year high and climbing gas prices.
    Still no tows home or anywhere. Just keep putting tires on it.
    I ran over some shit dropped on the road so when I put it up on ramps to straighten out the belly pan change the oil again too. It's been about 30,000 miles.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

No one should be forced or encouraged to buy an electric car with tax payer money.

My god she can even turn plugging in an electric car into a cringe moment. Well we know what her super power is.

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

All these idiots that want electric powered cars and trucks I ask how are you going to produce the electricity--you don't want nuclear, coal, oil, natural gas power plants so that doesn't leave much. Wind, solar forget it, will never supply enough for demand so here is my solution --you buy an electric car you get one of these to recharge your electric powered car and carry it with you at all times images-1.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They will leave that problem for the Republicans to fix.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Seems like the Demoncrats ALWAYS leave the Problems for the Repubs to fix…

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I'm thinking if we would just fix the biggest problem the dims create wouldn't be anymore dims to create problems. Nome sayin' Norm?"

Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

We are so freaking close to fusion via magnetic fields it's stupid. They should stop quibbling over fossil fuels since we have no control over the pollution in China, India and the rest of Asia that what we do here is insignificant. Put that effort into fusion. Also recognize that power production is one thing and that storing that power is just as important. IMO hydrogen fuel cells cover that as it's abundant and doesn't involve mining cubic miles of rare earth minerals to create high tech batteries.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hydrogen fuel cells need platinum.
    And have pretty horrible efficiency.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When the weather is good I like using my electric bike.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bought the leaf when gas prices hit a 7 year low in 2018 and electric car prices crashed, about 3 years later we are at 7 year high gas prices and if I wanted to I could resell the leaf today for more than what I paid for it in 2018.

natshare and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Might be a good time to sell the Leaf and buy an ICE. When the market contracts, oil prices will fall.
    Not many times in history that I can remember that you can sell a car for more than you bought it for (Not talking about the "I bought a '94 Forerunner in 2015 for $5500, and sold it two years later for $5700!" scenario). This market allowed me to get out of an expensive truck for the same money I paid for it 15 months previously.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yeah, no way i could use an electric only vehicle. A 13 hour drive in an ICE vehicle turns into a 2 day adventure in an all electric as I'd have to change my route to go around the lake up through chicago instead of heading over the Mighty Mac.

Virtually no charging stations in the middle of the woods but could stop off a couple of friends and relations and hook up to their dryer outlets

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  15. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

There’s a charging station in Gaylord, and one in the Sault. If you don’t turn the heat on, I think you can make it, VT.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I resurrected our 1 owner (my wife) 2008 hyundai sonata 3.3L V6 after her adopted son drove it for 9 months and seized the engine. So already have a backup car.
    I'm going to put new oxygen sensors in it tomorrow cause I get a code for bank 1 O2 more often than not now and it's not like the other O2 sensors have any less time or miles on them. Yeah 1 owner car so I know they never got changed.
    And put new tires on it in the spring. It's got Dunlops her son put on there that are so shitty they won't even drive up my steel work ramps that every other front wheel drive car to include that car when it had different tires can drive up with no problem.

I run the heat like a goddamn sauna because I have a diesel fired RV heater in my leaf. The leaf gets about 700 mpg running the heater. It even rolls a little coal on startup.

17. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

the Soo is the wrong way. West end is the only place to go. No people.

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Waiting till gas is $5 a gallon is not the time to buy an electric car.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Gas prices are down a couple of cents guess Bidumb will be taking credit for that and the media will hail him as our savor. Still $3.92 at Costco

natshare and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

johnbb likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7