It went up to 110 in LA on Saturday, and when it hit around 100 degrees, the power went out here for about 12 hours for 140,000 customers including me! While it was pretty unbearable, I made it through with my Portable Battery Operated fan www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013BOC6VC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which somehow lasted the full 12 hours and my electric lantern which also lasted the 12 hours www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YQB0CD4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Also filled up my 3 insulated Under Armour Thermoses separately with Aquafina and Diet Coke. Thank God I have about 2 months worth of Claritin D on hand as I have to run my air conditioner 24 hours a day for my breathing as it gets congested without. Incredibly somehow my refrigerator was still cool and the ice cream in the freeze still hadn't melted. I actually decided to eat all the ice cream just before the power suddenly came back on without notice. I actually thought the power might be off for a few days and was going to eat my Campfire Meal Packets The sink, shower and toilets were no affected. Only adjustments I made afterwards of this awful experience was to buy a second portable fan for even more cooling and an external battery pack for my laptop as I only had about 1 Hour of battery power to watch videos I had saved. Anyone have, outside of moving out of LA, any additional recommendations to survive 100 degree temperature without power? I rock!