Idle thots on Saturday morning

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by ghrit, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I've come to the conclusion that us Monkeys are not "survivalists" (negative connotation intended) rather we are preppers. We hypothesize situations, and try to figure out ways to counter the ill effects. All of us have our own gremlins, to say the things we fear the most as disruptions to our comfort and individual ways of life. How to deal with this? How that? And there is nothing wrong with that thought process, nothing at all, in fact it is a highly recommended mental exercise. The difficulty arises when it becomes a distraction to life and the living thereof. Seems to me that the prepper's lifestyle can interfere with enjoyment of life itself if allowed to become an obsession. At that point, we become "survivalists", the bogeyman that "normal" people point at and laugh or fear.

I think I'll go shoot a couple rounds of trap instead of packing a BOB --

2. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I try not to think, it's hurts my brain too much :lol:

I take life one day at a time and adjust when thrown curve ball

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

physical excercise works better for me, mental excercise is too much work

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Monkey+++

What you say is s true ghrit. You wake up one day and everybody else in your life is looking at you like you are from mars or something.

It isn't easy, the dual life. We want to prep for ourselves and family, then again we get trapped in the fear and tend to forget all about them.

It's this damn computer that is the problem. There are not enough folks who see it comming out there in the day to day. So we cravatate to this danm machine. The frd gov loves it cause we aren't out there causing trouble, and they know where we are.

I need a job, that would get me away from this demon.

AE

5. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

I hear ya, but "SOME TRULY FIND HAPPINESS IN IT" & it's a non-issue. Just becomes part of THE PLEASURE OF LIFE "being prepared and making things better for one's self & family." Some folk have told me, "stop worrying so much, you aren't living/enjoying life!" Well that is how I have explained it above. If I am not "doing what I am doing" I am not HAPPY! :D

We're all "DIFFERENT" but those are MY THOUGHTS/2 cents on the subject!

~W~
    Who DEFINATELY feels like a SURVIVALIST... It's a "normal part" of family life which is part of the daily happiness which we feel. As for mental excercise, I hear ya... it's definately better to be "A THINKER" though,than a "brain-dead non-thinker". I've also noticed that those who tell me what I have described above (criticizing & etc) that they aren't into it /don't really care, and seem to be "threatened",and get a real kick from trying to pick /criticize. I had a family member say that when T.S.H.T.F. that they were just gonna come over here (since they aren't prepared/don't ever plan to be) I chuckled and said that "since they don't care" they aren't welcome here. Gosh I hate LAZY People who try and suck off of others. I don't care "WHO THEY ARE" they can crawl back into the hole they came from, as far as I am concerned. I'll never let someone else's lazy behaviours/attitude problem jeopardize the welfare of myself & family. No one!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7