I'll bet on them not having night sight inserts,

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by firekey, Apr 15, 2014.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'll bet he has the very newest model of assault wheelbarrow.....

Seawolf1090, oldawg and Mike like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I do not think College Students have Tactical Wheel barrows... No place to store it, on campus.....

Mike and Yard Dart like this.
  3. kellory

Wood shop, along with his bicycle.

Mike and tacmotusn like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Someone said wheel barrow ?

Hell, I'm in !

5. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

I have a fully spec'ed out Unicycle!!!!

Mike and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. kellory

Power windows?;)

Mike likes this.
  7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

So, got any?

Mike likes this.
  8. kellory

Did you see the shoutbox article on contacts, able to see heat? But as to hardware, no, I don't. Nor at least half of the gear I keep hearing about. I think the water filters will make a better purchase, and my funds are limited.
    However, if I felt it was needed, I would work toward that one goal, until I had it. That is just what I do.

9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Just wondered, been looking @ FLIR Scout PS24 Thermal Imaging Camera Green.

Steep but doable if my life is worth it!

Anyone have any IR?

I have used the commercial for heat sig of heavy duty power gear back from when it took cooling gas.

Mike likes this.
  10. William Antrum

William Antrum GunMetal Monkey

Not 100% true bud......any optic is vulnerable in one way or another ...I used and worked on current tech and even it can be tricked ....

kellory likes this.
  11. William Antrum

Can trick most of it with emergency blanket ya know one of the shiny ones .. and a few other ones.

kellory likes this.
  12. kellory

Yeah, but it is a lot harder, and can't be very mobile. Hiding anchors you.

William Antrum likes this.
  13. William Antrum

Not true there a quite a few tricks low tech to beat high tech all mobile ...they have put the info out there you just have to hunt for it ... even Google glass is flawed in this way and most imaging software can't get 100% ID if you know what you are doing and we all know if you can't get 100% you must acquit.

14. kellory

Then perhaps you should share these insights.....;)

William Antrum likes this.
  15. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

what about sewing space blanket material into a liner?

16. William Antrum

Have to package the info and right now having to look for work again ..I will work on it ....

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  17. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Not near as easy as it sounds. One must understand something about forward looking infared systems, they don't look at temperature per se, rather they look at the emission of photons in the infrared energy realm.

You all have seen photos of woods or deserts or whatever and you could make out trees, bushes, cars that had been parked for days, etc. Especially at night, these things are all at the same temperature. So then how is it that you can discern those objects when their temperatures are all exactly the same?

The key is in addition to temperature there is the emissivity of the surface. Something painted flat black will have higher emissions (why your wood stoves are black) than something red or white. Surface texture and material will affect emissivity. So a big space blanket will stand out as a big object that looks different than the surrounding trees and vegetation even though the person behind it may be shielded. If you are in physical contact with the blanket, it will start to approximate one's body temp and will emit differently than surroundings and stand out.

One also must be wary of heat reflections that even if you are behind a large rock, your heat image may be readable from a object behind you reflecting your body heat towards the FLIR device. I think thermal camo can be made and could trick many low skilled operators, but it's not so simple as ducking under a space blanket. Also note that generally FLIR can't see thru window glass. So this a case where NVGs are useful and why there are now some high end systems that employ both and merge the imagery together. Just sayin...

AT

18. William Antrum

FLir is 1 gen equipment from 15 years ago made to make locals feel like they are getting bang for our buck the stuff I worked with (Installed, trained, and maintained) could see through hot blown graphite "cover" cloud flir cannot .... most Of what I have spoke about on this site comes from personal experience on the payroll of the DoD.. not movie or internet fact.. so take how you want -my way of just sayin-

19. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7