Important Download

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by E.L., Jul 8, 2007.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I spent some time this afternoon downloading manuals and information from the survival monkey archives to my 250 GB external mobile hard drive. Some of this stuff we should really have on hand in the event that something does happen, and we cannot get online to our favorite site to read what to do. Lots of good info, from medical guides, nuclear/chemical guides, to reading material. Thoreau, Emerson, and of course Halffast. Lots of good stuff. Download some of it.

Stuff like this: http://www.survivalmonkey.com/imminent nuclear disaster.htm

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Excellent point.....
    Shane also recommends to have a couple copies on hand and to send copies to loved ones...
    He makes a good point... as friends and neighbors are running around trying to figure out what to do and come to you... rather than taking valuable time explaining what you are doing... you can hand them a copy and tell them to get reading and making preps as necessary....
    I've got sets of 3 copies in at least 5 different places....
    Thanks for the reminder about copies and hardcopies....[winkthumb]

3. crehberg

crehberg Monkey+++

Yep, I better get to work. I keep meaning to download a bunch of the manuals and stuff, but with dial-up it takes so long. Guess I better get going.

4. AgAuGal

AgAuGal Anyone else care?

I am rather new to SM so I was wondering if you would mind recommending some specific SM archives and links like the nuclear one you provided. It will take a bit of time for me to navigate the wealth of info at this forum.

Hi Melbo[beer]

AgAuGal

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Hey Yourself ;)

Best bet is to start at the main site http://survivalmonkey.com/ and start checking the menu on the left.

"Extended info" has some of the files. Reading room forum under "survival" in this forum has some other stuff.

Come to think of it, we have stuff scattered around everywhere.

6. AgAuGal

AgAuGal Anyone else care?

Thanks for the insight on where to start. So much to do, so little time.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I'll try to get some links together. We need to have a 'where to start' section with all our info
    I also have little time

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7