In a City If There's A Deadly Pandemic How Long Do You Have Till Water Is Shut Off inc Toilet Water

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Apr 14, 2017.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

After the apartment builds empty out, you can hit up all the units Water Heaters....

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The aluminum scum in water heaters left over from the sacrificial anode break down is supposed to be reall bad for you.
    The effects are described as being crippling, debilitating and long lasting.

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Nice post! Battery operated uv sterilzer? do u have an example? @Navyair

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

...and what sort of contact time is required for the uv? I have my doubt that the CDC is going to publish that info...

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Depends on the Intensity of the UV Lamp .... I have a UV Sterilizer Tank on my Domestic Water System that has about 5 GPM thruput, and it uses a G10 UV Tube, running on a 12Vdc Ballast at about 3 Amps...

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I use a 1,000w UV steriler, should do about 300gpm at 1,000w.
    Food standard for the pasturized milk ordinance as it applies to water that is going into the milk has to get about a 142 mJ per centimeter cubed dose.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  7. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Dude very helpful comments. You should write a book/manual if you haven't already. If you need a partner to help on the structure, English, Editing, Marketing, etc., feel free to contact me.

8. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

No, you're misinterpreting. I'm talking about as a consequences of a pandemic where people are now dead, quarantined or sick in their homes leaving people who operate the water system and related areas, either non-existent or reduced in force, what would happen'

9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Either way, having one's own source of water is the first priority, because there is not always reliable pre-warning.
    I you having to find water, so are millions of other people .
    There are volumes of you tube shots of empty stores after a storm ,water goes first.

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7